First Federal Bank Treasury Management Sales Manager 2 in Youngstown, Ohio
Position Title: Treasury Management Sales Manager 2 Department: Treasury Management – TM Sales Position Reports to: TM Sales Director Position Supervises: No Direct Reports
To support the company’s mission statement, strategy and sales goals by establishing new customer relationships and retaining and expanding existing customer relationships. Responsible for leading Treasury Management sales and service within a defined market area, and directly supporting Commercial Lenders, Private Bankers and occasionally Branch Managers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develops and maintains quality treasury management relationships with the largest and most complex bank customers.
• Identifies Treasury Management sales opportunities through consultative, needs-based selling with both prospects and clients.
• Carries out market, portfolio, and deposit strategies while identifying cross-sell opportunities for other lines of business through a strong partnership with Relationship managers.
• Serves as a technical expert on TM products, services and installations in the Market.
• Maintains strong industry knowledge, staying current on competitor offerings, and provides market and competitor feedback to ensure competitiveness.
• Sales prospecting including individual and joint outside customer and prospect sales calling.
• Prepares detailed sales presentations providing comprehensive solutions for clients’ TM needs including product pricing while maintaining bank profitability.
• Collaborates with relationship managers to stay up to date on client relationships and maintain communication with internal partners to provide seamless service to clients.
• Manages and recognizes sales opportunities to a portfolio of existing Treasury management clients, conducting annual relationship reviews.
• Develops and maintains Centers of Influence (COI’s) within the industry independently and together with bank relationship managers.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education, Certification, License and Experience:
• High school diploma or equivalent; Bachelor’s degree in Business or Finance; minimum of 5-years Treasury Management Sales experience and portfolio management; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skills and Knowledge:
• Well-developed management and sales management skills as demonstrated by prior success in management positions in banking and /or sales management.
• Extensive knowledge of commercial products and services, treasury management policies and procedures, and overall company products and services.
• Certified Treasury Professional (CTP) preferred.
• Strong interpersonal, leadership and presentation skills; excellent verbal and written communications skills; sales and goal-oriented personality, with high degree of professionalism; strong analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
• Responsible for knowing and ensuring compliance with applicable laws, regulations and guidelines, as detailed in policies that include but are not limited to Bank Secrecy Act and other applicable anti-money-laundering rules, Fair Lending, Community Reinvestment Act, Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, and other laws and regulations as they pertain to the position.
This job operates in a professional office environment. Work is normally performed in a typical interior work environment which does not subject the employee to any hazardous or unpleasant elements.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak or hear, stand or sit for long periods of time, open filing cabinets, walk, stoop or bend, use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and complete tasks requiring manual dexterity. Ability to drive a vehicle for travel is required for the position.
Premier Financial Corp an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other legally protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the essential functions of the job and the qualifications of the person assigned to it. They are not intended as an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description does not constitute a contract of employment. Employment is “at will” and may be terminated at any time.