Danaher Corporation Software Engineer Java Development (Multiple Locations) in York, United Kingdom
Esko is seeking a Software Engineer to reinforce the WebCenter engineering team.
Esko, part of Danaher Corporation, is the market leader for packaging design and pre-production software.
WebCenter is a unique and powerful web-based platform that manages all the complexities of creating the packaging you find in supermarkets, pharmacies etc. Brand owners and packaging professionals work together to specify, design and execute for high-quality and on-time delivery of packaging.
Esko R&D is a team of more than 200 enthusiastic software designers, developers, testers, who work together to create the Esko software suite for packaging. We excel in our understanding of packaging production, 2D graphics, 3D CAD, workflow management and process automation.
We attract people with diverse skills, backgrounds, education and expectations. But most of all, we recognize that creating a culture rooted in Diversity and Inclusion is an ongoing journey. Our deeply embedded commitment to continuous improvement reminds us that we can keep learning, keep improving and keep striving for better. And we would love to have you on this journey with us! Apply today.
You design and develop application logic for WebCenter on J2EE and AWS cloud platforms. This includes creating the specification, the architectural design and implementing business logic (mainly in Java).
You have an instinct for writing robust, performant and scalable server software.
W e prefer this position to be filled on full time basis, but are open to more flexible ways of working or part time work.
This role can be filled in Ghent, Prague, Bonn or Itzehoe Esko office
As a web/cloud software engineer, you will:
· Develop and maintain robust software in your scrum team, making sure it meets all the functional and non-functional requirements
· Innovate and develop new product concepts as part of a team
· Participate in peer code reviews
· Stay up to date on software technology, tools, related and competing products and exchange technical information with your colleagues
· Follow and help optimizing installed processes, policies and procedures
Critical Success Factors for the Ideal Candidate Profile are:
· You are highly interested in web and cloud server technologies like J2EE and AWS and wants to stay up to date with this fast-changing technology landscape.
· You have strong analytical skills, a good focus on quality, and want to produce clean code and architectures.
· You work well together with other developers, testers, support people and management, helping everybody to excel in their specializations.
· You love experimenting with new technologies and concepts, bring them forward to the team, and deploy and teach them, while having respect for adoption difficulties and proposed alternatives.
· You are proficient in spoken and written English. Any other language is appreciated.
Your Education and/or Background Experience:
· You hold a Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science, Informatics or similar or can prove comparable skills through experience.
· You have solid knowledge of the Java programming language and general web technology concepts. Specific knowledge of J2EE, SQL databases and/or AWS Cloud platform will be an extra plus.
We offer an entrepreneurial environment that is team-centered, customer-driven, quality-focused and growth-oriented, guided by the phenomenally successful Danaher Business System. Working at Esko, gives you access to a robust career development process and challenging, “stretch” opportunities.
You will be part of a large, growing and very international software development group in Esko's worldwide headquarter in Ghent, Belgium
At Danaher, your potential is amplified. Our culture of continuous improvement defines who we are, drives our success, and translates to a career without limits for our team of 65,000 intellectually curious associates.
When you join us, you’ll also be joining Danaher’s global organization, where 69,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you’ll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System (https://www.danaher.com/how-we-work/danaher-business-system) tools and the stability of a tested organization.At Danaher, we value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.If you’ve ever wondered what’s within you, there’s no better time to find out.