Barnes & Noble Senior Barista - PT in Woodland Park, New Jersey
Title: Senior Barista - PT
Location: NJ - Woodland Park - Woodland Park - 1977
JobLocation: West Paterson, New Jersey 07424
JobSummary: As a senior barista your exemplary coffee knowledge, passion and expertise in the Cafe ensures that customers receive a first-class experience. You support other baristas through mentorship and guidance, helping to train them on the cafe offerings, and modeling what it looks like to deliver an exceptional customer experience. This exemplary service will ensure that customers will look forward to shopping with us again and again.
• Deliver the perfect beverage that exceeds customer expectations with your ability to engage, build rapport, listen, and provide friendly, fast service as you go through a tailored order creating approach.
• Help teach baristas the best ways to recommend products and handcrafted beverages, ensuring they are confident in the conversations they are having with customers.
• Ensure that the Cafe is welcoming to all customers by having a stocked bake case, merchandise displayed neatly, and a smile for all customer interactions from both yourself and the other baristas.
• Take pride in the Cafe and place a priority on ensuring a clean and tidy environment knowing that cleanliness encompasses all aspects of the customer experience.
• Engage customers in the store through sampling of cafe products. v • Execute and model all operational standards correctly, in a timely manner and in accordance with cafe standards, safety and health codes.
• Protect company assets by adhering to all processes and working efficiently to control waste and shrink. • Work in the Cafe which requires physical activity (i.e., prolonged standing, repetitive bending, lifting, climbing, operating espresso machines), and sales floor when needed.
• Understand and execute cafe offerings and operational procedures.
• Help to teach new employees about the Cafe.
• Act as a role model for others by being positive and helping to drive company initiatives.
• Communicate effectively and respectfully.
• Listen to customers and identify their needs to their satisfaction.
• Shift gears quickly, prioritize, and multi-task.
• Work with consistent urgency and efficiency.
• Demonstrate exemplary barista level skills.
• Treat customers as the first priority by engaging in genuine conversations with the goal of helping them find the perfect item.
• Show passion for the cafe offerings we sell and customize drinks based on customer preferences.
• Desire to grow in your ability to pair foods and beverages.
• Is patient, a good listener, makes others feel heard and respected.
• Take pride in the Cafe by always ensuring a clean and tidy environment.
• Put people at ease by taking the time to listen and build rapport.
• Is friendly and comfortable interacting with people.
• Work collaboratively and respectively with others.
• Seek and provide help and support when needed.
• Accept coaching and feedback from others openly.
• Accept responsibility and execute all assignments with care and accuracy.
• Act as a mentor and role model for others.
• Positive about the company and its initiatives.
• Show respect and kindness to fellow employees and customers.
EeoStatement: Barnes & Noble is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, religion, creed, disability, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition as defined by applicable law, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, hairstyle, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, reproductive health decisions, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances.