Aston Carter Dental Assistant in Woodland, California
Quick Apply - Dental - to 831-295-2905
1) Responsible for running daily provider schedules and conducting all necessary follow-up.
a) Verifies insurance information is current prior to patient’s visit (running eligibility).
b) Confirms patients for following day during appointment confirmation phone call and informs patient of co-pay amount due at time of visit.
c) Responsible for following up on “no show” patients, and maintaining recall system.
d) Educating and signing patients into the FHCN portal.
2) Responsible for maintaining supplies and stocking items.
a) Maintains supplies of new storage and temporary charts along with necessary forms and identification cards.
b) Maintains adequate inventory of all required supplies.
3) Responsible for collecting and attaching billing information from patients.
a) Balances cash payments on a daily basis.
b) Assures accurate CPT and DX codes before submitting superbills.
c) Provides financial counseling and referrals for program eligibility, sends patient’s information to billing department for any needed pre-authorizations.
4) Responsible for providing customer service to patients.
a) Receives incoming calls and directs them to the appropriate party.
b) Establishes, maintains and updates patient records and files.
c) Generates paperwork to register patients for network services.
d) Schedules, reschedules and screens appointments.
e) Verifies insurance eligibility and patient financial status.
f) Registers, inputs and updates patient information.
g) Inputs provider schedules.
h) Collects and attaches bills and billing information on a daily basis.
j) Works with billing department to resolve patient’s concerns.
5) Performs other duties as assigned.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Professional & Technical Knowledge:
1) Must possess a high school diploma or General Educational Development (GED) certificate.
2) Job duties require specific knowledge of office or administrative processes and practices, typically learned on the job or through a series of training sessions that would comprise a few weeks if done consecutively.
1) Ability to prepare basic correspondence and simple reports in Microsoft Word.
2) Ability to use Microsoft Excel to create tables and simple displays of information.
3) Ability to create basic presentations in Microsoft PowerPoint.
Licenses & Certifications:
Valid Ca driver’s license is required. DA certification
1) Job duties require the employee to effectively communicate routine or non-technical information to co-workers and others.
2) Effectively communicates written information (including electronic correspondence) and verbal presentations.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here in this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to sit and use repetitive hand movement to type and grasp. The employee is frequently required to stand or walk; and must occasionally bend waist, twist waist, squat, climb, kneel, reach above and below shoulder height, and/or move items up to 20 pounds.
About Aston Carter:
At Aston Carter, we’re dedicated to expanding career opportunities for the skilled professionals who power our business. Our success is driven by the talented, motivated people who join our team across a range of positions – from recruiting, sales and delivery to corporate roles. As part of our team, employees have the opportunity for long-term career success, where hard work is rewarded and the potential for growth is limitless.
Established in 1997, Aston Carter is a leading staffing and consulting firm, providing high-caliber talent and premium services to more than 7,000 companies across North America. Spanning four continents and more than 200 offices, we extend our clients’ capabilities by seeking solvers and delivering solutions to address today’s workforce challenges. For organizations looking for innovative solutions shaped by critical-thinking professionals, visit AstonCarter.com. Aston Carter is a company within Allegis Group, a global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email firstname.lastname@example.org (%email@example.com) for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.