AdventHealth Pharmacy Technician II in Winter Park, Florida
YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A RESUME WITH YOUR APPLICATION!
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One
Paid Days Off from Day One
Debt-free Education* (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
Nursing or BU specific benefits and perks
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
Shift : Day
The community you’ll be caring for:
• Winter Park Memorial Hospital has continuously served the residents of Winter Park and its surrounding communities for more than 50 years
• Chartered in 1951, the hospital has grown from the visionary efforts of a handful of Winter Park residents and community leaders, to a 307-bed acute care facility that is a model of community health and wellness
• Over the years the hospital has continually expanded to meet the needs of the community, adding an upscale obstetrics and Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at The Dr. P. Phillips Baby Place, cancer care at the AdventHealth Cancer Institute, Winter Park, and state-of-the-art surgery, recovery and rehabilitation at the AdventHealth Orthopaedic Institute
The role you’ll contribute:
The technician will be responsible for but not limited to the following: Assists the pharmacist with all duties of preparing and dispensing of medication. Prepares sterile products such as IV solutions, piggyback containers, irrigation’s, TPN’s, prefilled syringes, reconstituting of medications under aseptic conditions. Keeps work area and equipment clean and neat. Performs various clerical and specialized duties. Helps in the training of pharmacy technician I and newly hired pharmacy technicians. Accurately refills Pyxis Med Station; accurately conducts inventory of Pyxis Med Station and accurately loads and unloads medications to/from Pyxis as directed by the Director or Supervisor. Assists IV pharmacist with recording and distribution of large and small volume IV solutions
The value you’ll bring to the team:
Consistently assist the pharmacists in all inpatient functions as needed.
Maintains accuracy in assisting pharmacists to ensure that all orders are processed, dispensed and delivered promptly. Correctly fills and accurately exchanges cassettes in a timely manner. Always obtains pharmacists’ verification before distribution of any medication. Always follows correct procedure for filling, recording and distributing pharmacy trays.
Mixes sterile products as required, using aseptic technique under the laminar flow hood. Follows clean room guidelines and accurately prepares IV solutions and other sterile products including TPN. Cleans the laminar flow hood and work area thoroughly, wears appropriate attire and signs laminar flow hood log. Contacts patient care areas regarding unclear, expensive, short dated or problem IV medication orders. Provides documentation of attendance of at least one seminar on aseptic preparation of Parenteral products.
Accurately performs various functions involved in Pharmacy Department. Prepacks oral solid/liquid medication into unit-dose packaging in accordance with procedures and guidelines. Maintains appropriate levels of control floor stock items and accurately replaces medications in Pyxis device. Carries out special projects or assignments as directed by supervisor.
Screens and refers all incoming calls and department visitors to ensure that accurate and timely departmental communications are facilitated and that the department is presented in a positive manner.
The expertise and experiences you'll need to succeed:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED :
- Starting January 1, 2011 must have 1500 hours work experience under the supervision of a licensed pharmacist or must have completed a Board of Pharmacy approved training program
- be a graduate of a non-US college of pharmacy
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED :
- Hospital pharmacy experience
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED :
- Must be registered with the State of Florida Board of Pharmacy as a Pharmacy Technician (after Jan 1, 2010)
- be enrolled as a pharmacy technician student in a Board of Pharmacy approved training program. The technician student shall wear identification that indicates his or her status.
- be a graduate of a non-US school of pharmacy possessing a valid Florida Pharmacy Intern registration
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Winter Park
Schedule: 1 - Day
Shift: AdventHealth Winter Park
Req ID: 22021870
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.