AdventHealth Pharmacy Tech III FT Days in Winter Park, Florida
YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A RESUME WITH YOUR APPLICATION!
Pharmacy Technician III - AdventHealth - Winter Park
Location Address: 201 NORTH LAKEMONT AVENUE WINTER PARK 32792
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth - Winter Park
- Winter Park Memorial Hospital has continuously served the residents of Winter Park and its surrounding communities for more than 50 years
- Chartered in 1951, the hospital has grown from the visionary efforts of a handful of Winter Park residents and community leaders, to a 307-bed acute care facility that is a model of community health and wellness
- Over the years the hospital has continually expanded to meet the needs of the community, adding an upscale obstetrics and Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at The Dr. P. Phillips Baby Place, cancer care at the AdventHealth Cancer Institute, Winter Park, and state-of-the-art surgery, recovery and rehabilitation at the AdventHealth Orthopaedic Institute
Work Hours/Shift: Full Time Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
Demonstrates, through behavior, AdventHealth’s core values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship, and Teamwork.
- Consistently assist the pharmacists in all inpatient functions as needed. Develops and maintains the skills necessary to be functional in all areas of the pharmacy. Provides orientation and training to new technicians. Help motivate new technicians by demonstrating good work ethics, positive attitude and by recognizing and acknowledging the accomplishments of the new technician. Remains poised in high workload and emergency situations. Adapts positively to frequent interruptions and changes in workload and/or work schedule.
- Maintains accuracy in assisting pharmacists to ensure that all orders are processed, dispensed and delivered promptly. Always obtains pharmacists’ verification before distribution of any medication. Files physician's orders. Always follows correct procedure for filling, recording and distributing pharmacy trays.
- Mixes sterile products as required, using aseptic technique under the laminar flow hood. Follows clean room guidelines and accurately prepare IV solutions and other sterile products including chemotherapy and TPN. Cleans the laminar flow hood / chemo hood and work area thoroughly, wears appropriate attire and signs laminar flow hood / chemo hood. Contacts patient care areas regarding unclear, expensive, short dated or problem medication orders. Maintains current technician certification and provides documentation of attendance of at least one seminar on aseptic preparation of parenteral products and on safe handling of cytotoxic drugs yearly.
- Accurately performs various functions involved in Pharmacy Department. Prepacks oral solid/liquid medication into unit-dose packaging in accordance with procedures and guidelines. Maintains appropriate levels of control floor stock items and accurately replaces medications in Pyxis device. Carries out special projects or assignments as directed by supervisor. Takes initiative in finding work to be done when assigned tasks are completed.
- Screens and refers all incoming calls and department visitors to ensure that accurate and timely departmental communications are facilitated, and that the department is presented in a positive manner.
What You Will Need:
- Starting January 1, 2011 must have 1500 hours work experience under the supervision of a licensed pharmacist or must have completed or be enrolled in a Board of Pharmacy approved training program OR
- be a graduate of a non-US college of pharmacy
- Must be registered with the State of Florida Board of Pharmacy as a Pharmacy Technician
- possess a Florida Pharmacy intern registration as a non-US school of pharmacy graduate
- Some knowledge of medical terminology
- Must demonstrate skills in aseptic technique
- Hospital experience as a technician
- Oncology admixture experience
- High School graduate or G.E.D. certification.
- Current PTCB or ICPT certification
The technician will be responsible for but not limited to the following: Assists the pharmacist with all duties of preparing and dispensing of medication. Prepares sterile products such as IV solutions, piggyback containers, and cytotoxic drugs, irrigations, TPN’s, epidurals, prefilled syringes, reconstituting of medications under aseptic conditions. Accurately reads and enters medication orders into the pharmacy information system. Keeps work area and equipment clean and neat. Helps with drug distribution Helps in the training of pharmacy technician I, II and newly hired pharmacy technicians. Accurately refills Pyxis MedStation; accurately conducts inventory of Pyxis MedStation and accurately loads and unloads medications to/from Pyxis as directed by the Director or Supervisor. Assists IV pharmacist with recording and distribution of large and small volume IV solutions. Performs all necessary tasks related to front reception area. Performs all duties necessary to provide for the effective daily operation of all department services and programs. Serves the needs of neonatal, pediatric, adult, adolescent, and geriatric patients. Specific age groups are identified in the position responsibilities. Handle a high volume of work with minimal direct supervision. Perform all level I and II job function and maintains performance standards/expectations. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Winter Park
Shift: 1 - Day
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.