Swagelok 1_AUXILIARY OPERATOR - LEVEL 3 in Willoughby, Ohio
Auxiliary Operators are responsible for enhancing and making minor alterations to products. At this level the associate is able to perform more complex process changeovers, including troubleshooting to standard work. They are able to recognize and solve some non-routine problems.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Demonstrate abilities outlined in levels 1 & 2 efficiently to perform daily tasks
Demonstrates ability to operate and set-up moderate and complex auxiliary operations routinely to target
Solid understanding of most part configurations processed on auxiliary equipment
Solid troubleshooting ability of abnormal processes / capable of working with setup person to resolve issues
Ability to utilize departmental resources to make decisions (schedule, routings, department metrics, etc)
Recommends and initiates continuous improvement suggestions
Assists in developing other associates‘ skills, and shows an aptitude for training others
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Minimum of 12 months of experience (not including time spent in the Learner level) before an associate can be eligible for advancement to an Independent Auxiliary Operator position.
• Good mechanical skills aptitude
• Is able to meet due dates in processes they are responsible for
• Will let supervisor know when there is a problem
• Willing to put in extra effort to meet customer needs
Reliability and Integrity
• Takes responsibility for personal performance
• Can be counted on to do what needs done with little follow-up
• Willing to work in other departments or sites
• Shows enthusiasm and has a good attitude when asked to learn other jobs
• Is open to new ideas
• Values, solicits, and utilizes input from others
• Looks for ways to help out
• Provides information to the next shift or to others in the company
• Participates in meetings and will ask questions when something is not clear
• Sets a good example for others by demonstrating desired behavior
• Takes action and makes the right decisions to get the job done
• Supports Swagelok business goals
Working Conditions and/or Physical Requirements:
• Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
• Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
• Must be able to lift Kegs and Boxes on a regular basis between 25 - 35 pounds and occasionally between 35 - 50 pounds.
• Considerable standing, stooping and bending is required.
Swagelok is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants are selected without regard to race, ethnicity, creed, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, disability, genetic information, veteran/military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristic under federal, state or local law.
Swagelok will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act of 2008.
This job summary is intended to be brief and does not list all the duties for this position. Nothing in this job description should be construed as an express or implied contract of employment. Swagelok is an at-will employer, which means that either party is free to terminate the employment relationship at any time, without any advanced notice, for any reason or no reason.