UKG (Ultimate Kronos Group) Post Live Services Project Manager in Weston, Florida
Post Live Services Project Manager
Atlanta - Georgia - USA, New York City - New York - USA, Santa Ana - California - USA, Weston - Florida - USA
Customer Delivery/Implementation Services
Description & Requirements
The Post Live Services Project Manager leads clients through the project life cycle in launching HRSD modules and is integral in all steps of the launch process. The candidate is expected to deliver a high standard of service to our clients while helping them make their vision a reality in the product. This role is expected to contribute to client project success, team knowledge, and product enhancements.
• Manage the full project life-cycle implementation
• Lead workshops to collect client specifications and to provide industry standards
• Configure the application based off of client specifications
• Coordinate implementation solutions teams (configuration, IT, product ...)
• Lead steering committees and follow-up meetings
• Identify and analyze project risks & dependencies
• Control customer delivery and validate customer go-live
• Measure project success and identify improvements needed
• Stay abreast of new features and products released
• Act as a Subject Matter Expert on identified topics/products
• Contribute to maintain and grow our internal team knowledge
• 2+ years’ experience in client-facing project management
• Exhibit leadership and negotiation/influence skills
• Ability to drive clients to launch on time, on budget, on scope using a customer focus and results driven approach
• Technical experience or aptitude for understanding HRIS solutions (solution architecture, integrations, and security) and sFTP/SSO setup
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• Experience using or implementing SaaS or HRIS solutions (such as Ultipro, Kronos, Workday, Peoplesoft …)
• Familiarity with HR processes and operations is a plus
Here at UKG, Our Purpose Is People. UKG combines the strength and innovation of Ultimate Software and Kronos, uniting two award-winning, employee-centered cultures. Our employees are an extraordinary group of talented, energetic, and innovative people who care about more than just work. We strive to create a culture of belonging and an employee experience that empowers our people. UKG has more than 13,000 employees around the globe and is known for its inclusive workplace culture. Ready to be inspired? Learn more at www.ukg.com/careers
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ultimate Kronos Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive considerations for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, and any other legally protected status under federal, state, or local anti-discrimination laws.
View The EEO is the Law poster (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm) and its supplement .
View the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf)
UKG participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here (https://www.e-verify.gov/sites/default/files/everify/posters/EVerifyParticipationPoster.pdf) .
For individuals with disabilities that need additional assistance at any point in the application and interview process, please email UKGCareers@ukg.com or please call 1 (978) 250 9800.