TEKsystems Technical Writer in WEST HOLLYWOOD, California
Join a popular social networking company as their IT Technical Writer!Description:
The successful applicant will report to the IT Operations and Engineering manager. This individual will be responsible for identifying documentation needs, interviewing Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), drafting internal procedures, creating clear troubleshooting documentation, and announcing documentation updates. The position is an integral part of onboarding new employees, helping existing employees collaborate cross-departmentally, and providing support for self-help and service desk, plus new and emerging knowledge bases.
They must be able to recommend and create documentation to aid in all levels of technical support, from self-help to level 3. Given the speed with which the company is growing, this role will involve lots of coordination cross-teams, responsibility, and ownership.
Day to day includes:
• Conduct regular SME interviews
• Write, publish, and maintain the high-quality troubleshooting and procedural information
• Identify an audience’s documentation needs
• Help build and maintain new knowledge bases/runbooks for teams across the organization
• Create and develop high quality content (e.g. detailed process documentation, troubleshooting documentation, PowerPoint presentations) for
various audiences within the organization by working collaboratively with subject matter experts
• Updating existing documentation as needed in Confluence and Google docs
• Significantly contribute to the building of knowledge bases and the maintenance of existing knowledge bases for IT and related departments
• Ensure accuracy of content and manage the governance process for on-going content validation
• Identify any gaps in content topic areas and propose solutions
• Create tutorials and quick reference guides to help end-users understand a variety of applications
• Participate in User Acceptance Testing for upcoming technical applications prior to rolling out to the company
• Assist with building procedures and policies for the Knowledge Management department
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
• Excellent writing and editing skills.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
• Strong technical writing skills.
• The employee will be exposed to a fast-paced, constantly changing environment and is expected to be able to adjust accordingly.
• Experience writing in a structured authoring environment.
• Fluency in Confluence knowledge bases
• GSuite Expertise
Technical writer, confluence, documentation, SOP, knowledge management, google drive, Infrastructure
Top Skills Details:
Will start remotely, but will have to sit in either the LA or Bay Area office eventually
4+ years of tech writing experience (assisting with IT, platform operations and infrastructure)
Ability to create new articles and validate/adapt existing articles into concise how-to's
This person needs to be able to deal with ambiguity and make/infer decisions. Must be flexible to change and keep up with a quick-moving environment
Need to have some business analyst experience/the ability to work across different business groups and understand what the business is asking for.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Our client's IT and Platform Operations group is looking to hire their first tech writer ever to assist IT, platform ops, and potentially engineering down the road. There is a lot of opportunities to shore up gaps. Our client is looking to build out a knowledge base and/or run books for their infrastructure and support teams. Most of the work will be around run book responses, methods of procedure, and validating and creating critical documentation. This person will be looking at it from a VCDR lens, looking at existing workflows.
Technologies: Confluence (more published material), GoogleDrive (work in progress), OKTA, AWS, Kubernetes, Docker, Jenkins
"Qualified applicants with problematic histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance."
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.