Robert Half International Senior Accountant in Washington, District Of Columbia
My client is a nonprofit organization who is need of a Senior Accountant to join the team in their Washington DC office. The Senior Accountant will be responsible for assisting with the preparation of monthly financial analysis reports, generating accounting reports, and maintaining the General Ledger. This role will report to the Controller and offers a fun atmosphere of driven individuals all geared towards the same great mission.
Senior Accountant responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Adjusting and preparing monthly close entries
• Researching variances within financial statements and reports
• Working with department executives on improving financial and accounting functions
• Reconciling balance sheet accounts
• Maintaining and improving internal controls and procedures
• Assisting with internal audit efforts on an annual basis
• Overseeing work of junior accounting staff
• Performing ad-hoc analyses as needed
Senior Accountant candidates should submit a Word version of their resume to Paul Miller, Recruiting Manager, at Paul.Miller@RobertHalf.com for review.
The ideal Senior Accountant candidate should possess the following:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting is required
• At least three years of relative accounting experience, preferably within a nonprofit firm
• Strong GL exposure
• Experience with Federal Grants is a plus
• Intuition and resourcefulness: must be able to learn on the fly
• Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team atmosphere
• Highly detail-oriented, with solid organizational and time management skills
• CPA is a plus, but not a requirement
Senior Accountant candidates should submit a Word version of their resume to Paul Miller, Recruiting Manager, at Paul.Miller@RobertHalf.com for review
Robert Half Finance & Accounting, the world's leader in specialized financial staffing, provides exciting full-time opportunities in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more. We pioneered the professional staffing industry, and we've been successfully matching professionals with employers since 1948. Our proven proprietary processes, along with our relationships in 325 locations worldwide, allow us to provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune® magazine’s list of “World's Most Admired Companies” since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Apply for this job now or contact our nearest office at 888.490.5461 for additional information.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Salary: $75,000.00 - $90,000.00 / Yearly
Location: Washington, DC
Date Posted: February 14, 2020
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Reference: 04510-9502464984
Staffing Area: Full-Time Accounting u0026 Finance