Black & Veatch Construction Management Intern - Water - Salina KS in Washington, District Of Columbia
Construction Management Intern - Water - Salina KS
We believe real value is powered by the unique skills and experiences of our professionals. The interchange of ideas from a diverse group of people gives our teams an expanded perspective and the ability to find better solutions for our clients.
Company : Black & Veatch Corporation
Req Id : 52950
Job Title : Construction Management Intern - Water - Salina KS
Location : USVRTL
Business Unit Sector : COR-WATER-WATER AMERICAS
Opportunity Type : College Intern
Relocation eligible : Yes
Full time/Part time : Full-Time
Project Only Hire : No
Visa Sponsorship Available: Yes
The Black & Veatch Summer Internship Program is designed to provide the following to students:
Experience in a working environment
Meaningful work assignments
Introduction to Black & Veatch corporate culture
Chance to network with experienced executives, leading professionals, and peers
Opportunity to learn and expand classroom theory into practice
Earn excellent hourly wage
For Black and Veatch it's designed to provide:
Supervisors/Managers with opportunity to assess student's skills and abilities
Source of potential future talent for organization
Foster relationships with colleges and universities
Assist Field superintendents in every day task completion
May include daily reports, material expediting/location, cost/progress reporting, etc
Industrial field construction with ability to work in outdoor/rugged environment
Individual contributor with no subordinates
Communications skills, both written and oral
Self starter, highly motivated
Attention to detail
Problem solving skills
Current enrollment in accredited university in Construction/Management Engineering program. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
• Lift and carry heavy items weighing up to 50 pounds.
• Stand, Kneel, Bend, Stoop, Move, and Walk long distances in and around confined, cluttered places, and uneven areas.
• See and hear naturally or with correction.
• Full range of motion and flexibility consistent with requirements of the job duties.
• Requires using hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools or controls according to a set procedure.
• Requires repetitive movement.
• May require work above 5 feet in height.
• Climb and maintain balance on steel framework, stairs, ladders and scaffolds.
• Work up to a 12 hour shift doing hard physical labor in varying temperature extremes and other outside conditions.
• Typical construction site environment:
• Requires working in cramped work spaces and getting into awkward positions.
• Requires working in very hot (above 90 F degrees) or very cold (below 32F degrees) temperatures and exposure to inclement weather such as dust, wind, snow, rain, etc.
• Requires working in extremely bright or low lighting conditions
• Includes exposure to sounds and noise levels that are distracting or uncomfortable.
• Work around hazardous equipment.
• Typical office environment.
• This position is considered a safety sensitive position.
CNS: Construction Services
Black & Veatch endeavors to makeaccessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process because of a disability, please contact the Employee Relations Department at +1-913-359-1622 or via our. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only; you may not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications. General inquiries about the status of applications will not be returned.
Black & Veatch is committed to being an employer of choice by creating a valuable work experience that keeps our people engaged, productive, safe and healthy.
Our comprehensive benefits portfolio is a key component of this commitment and offers an array of health care benefits including but not limited to medical, dental and vision insurances along with disability and a robust wellness program.
To support a healthy work-life balance, we offer flexible work schedules, paid vacation and holiday time, sick time, and dependent sick time.
A variety of additional benefits are available to our professionals, including a company-matched 401k plan, adoption reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, vendor discounts, an employment referral program, AD&D insurance, pre-taxed accounts, voluntary legal plan and the B&V Credit Union. Professionals may also be eligible for a performance-based bonus program.
We are proud to be a 100 percent ESOP-owned company. As employee-owners, our professionals are empowered to drive not only their personal growth, but the company's long-term achievements - and they share in the financial rewards of the success through stock ownership.
By valuing diverse voices and perspectives, we cultivate an authentically inclusive environment for professionals and are able to provide innovative and effective solutions for clients.
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please click. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickand.
Notice to External Search Firms : Black & Veatch does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be obligated to pay a placement fee for unsolicited resumes. Black & Veatch Talent Acquisition engages with search firms directly for hiring needs.
Job Segment: Construction, Architecture, Engineer, Engineering