National Grid Data Visualization Engineer, Power BI in Waltham, Massachusetts
* National Grid is hiring a* * Data Visualization Engineer* * for our* * Solution Engineering Data Management* * department in Waltham, MA.* Data Visualization Engineerfor ourSolution Engineering Data Managementdepartment in Waltham, MA.
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
The Data Visualization Engineer is a collaborative role on the Solution Engineering Data Management Team responsible for supporting internal stakeholders, including Supply, Engineering, Regulatory, Strategy, Finance, HR, and others.
This candidate will work closely with Product Owners, and Technical Leads, as well as project leads to drive project planning and execution of complex enterprise Analytic solutions within set project targets and deadlines.
• Designing, developing, and maintaining business intelligence solutions.
• Presenting information through reports and visualization
• Develop operational analytics using descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive models accordingly to improve business outcomes using data warehousing & analytic solutions,
• Create ad-hoc data models, reports and analysis as needed to support business requirements
• Work with business users to define and prototype solutions on Power BI and related o365 framework.
• Responsible for documenting requirements, technical specifications and reference materials for reports and visualizations
• Experience working with data gateway, data integration, self-service data preparation.
• Experience in requirement analysis, design, and prototyping.
• Strong understanding of Power BI application security layer models.
• Strong understanding of data modeling techniques for large scale BI initiatives.
• Participate in daily scrum meetings and collaborate with other agile team members.
• Mentor and provide guidance to new and junior data engineers.
• Interpret written business requirements and technical specification documents.
• Perform quality checks from business requirements to user acceptance testing.
Supervisory/Interpersonal- Experience Required
Demonstrated ability to partner with cross-functional teams, subject matter experts, and architects
Demonstrated ability to drive sustainable process changes that realize significant business value
3+ years of experience with Power BI
5+ years of experience writing complex queries and query optimization
7+ years of working experience in data warehousing or data analytics/visualization projects.
10+ years of professional database development with T-SQL / SQL Server
Experience in building DAX expressions
Experience with public cloud data platforms such as Azure (SQL DW, Data Lake, Data Factory)
Experience with machine learning, Python, or R is a plus.
Experience with Snowflake is a plus
Agile development methodologies including SCRUM
Familiarity with Atlassian toolset (JIRA, Confluence) a plus
This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Internal candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
_ National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team. _