Caliber Home Loans Principal Software Engineer in United States
Caliber Home Loans, Inc. is one of the nation's fastest-growing mortgage lenders. We didn't move into the fast lane because of clever marketing campaigns or flashy television ads -- our talented employees worked hard to help us rise to the top of our industry.
Here at Caliber, we've replaced the stereotypical corporate culture with a casual "dress for your day"work atmosphere that promotes creativity and a collaborative environment that allows our team members to thrive.
Principal Software Engineer is responsible for identification and development enterprise solutions.
- Responsible for one or more applications, working with Business Systems Manager and Business Analyst counterparts on planning and delivering code changes to production, ensuring teams work on schedule
- Provide business and project expertise when collaborating with clients, IT resources, vendors, consultants and other stakeholders to identify the user requirements, assess technologies, recommend and implement technical solutions.
- Participate in estimation process.
- Responsible for source code development; create technical documentation; utilize software configuration, version and quality management processes.
- Responsible for unit testing, performance tuning, defect remediation during testing, and deployment planning
- Participate in Production Support Escalation if necessary for high-severity issues within their application domain
- Is capable of analyzing, designing and developing complex programming systems independently.
- Chair Agile Team meetings
- Master’s degree in a technical field + 3 years of work experience or bachelor’s degree in a technical field + 5 years related experience. Experience developing software for the US mortgage industry.
- Adaptive leadership style, capable of leading multi-disciplinary teams with diverse skill sets and experience levels
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Ability respond quickly to sensitive issues, complex inquiries, or complaints from clients, co-workers and or management
- Strong analytical skills
- Proficiency with:
- o MVC
- o Design Patterns
- o OOPS
- o Web Services
- o XML
- o .Net 4.0 (Windows Forms, Web Forms and MVC)
- o Sql Server 2012 and above
- o Experience with Windows Services
- Experience in third party integrations.
Our employees demonstrate the Caliber Ways of Work (WOWS) every day through:
- Collaborating Contagiously
- Caring Fiercely
- Doing the Right Thing
- Leading Thoughtfully
Caliber benefits and perks will WOW you!
Our benefits package includes: comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance, short-term and long-term disability, 401(k),10 employer paid holidays, as well as numerous employee discount programs.
We are proud to be a military friendly employer, and provide paid leave during military assignments for employees who serve in the Guard or Reserve.
Employees who work at our Coppell headquarters experience additional perks that include: standing desks, complimentary coffee and tea stations, an on-site gym and activities center with ping-pong and pool tables, and an in-house café.
Caliber is an equal opportunity employer.