Vectrus Information Systems Operations Specialist (NetOps) in United States
JOB LOCATION:Kosovo. Unaccompanied/Base quarters provided.
Information Systems Operations Specialist (NETOPS) will provide Tier I and II customer support to all network users. Will operate all types, sizes and configurations of computer processors, including peripheral equipment such as consoles, terminals, disc drives, tape drives, high speed printers, LAN switches, routers and servers, copper/fiber modems, Uninterruptable Power Supplies (UPS) and other equipment. Both back off and front line customer service support for Help Desk, Network administration and System administration functions with responsibilities for immediately responding to and resolving computer, printer, digital sender, VTC, VoIP and LAN/WAN network issues. Customers contact the service provider in a variety of ways: in person, by phone, using Remedy or sending emails. The individual defines technical and physical development of the network and conducts/assigns various tasks to keep the network running at optimum levels. This position requires an advanced knowledge in LAN/WAN troubleshooting techniques. Various management and administrative level tasks are also assigned.
This position involves a high degree of snap decision making and detailed task management to ensure all work orders not resolved locally are elevated to the appropriate enterprise IT groups and tracked till resolution. Efforts will also include receiving, reviewing and analyzing job requests submitted by users, determining process and production requirements, conferring with users concerning scheduling as needed, monitoring jobs in process to insure proper completion, and opening and closing remedy tickets, identifying and troubleshooting problems, documenting best practices, initiating corrective actions as required. Excellent customer service skills are mandatory!
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
1. Operates and maintains all aspect of physical and virtual server administration to include, but is not limited to, VM ware/Hyper V, Microsoft 2012 Active Directory, Windows Internet Name Service (WINS), Domain Name System (DNS), Domain Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), print queues, Digital sender queues, etc. Maintains systems availability and performs regular maintenance on equipment.
2. Uses Backup Exec to conduct file server backup and restorations. Completes standard file recovery procedures when files are lost due to system failures or malfunctions. Maintains share folder access/permission controls. Performs COOP site activities.
3. Proficient at software/hardware maintenance and troubleshooting of various vendor switch/router/server platforms including Dell, HP, CISCO, Brocade, LTO tape library, fiber switches, and SANs.
4. Knowledge of sub-netting, switching and Cisco IOS. Use Cisco Works (and other software application tools) to manage and administer the network. Responsible for configuring, installing, testing life cycle replacement, firmware upgrades, overseeing maintenance and operations of servers, switches and routers as well as peripheral devices and associated software. Responsible for Request for Change (RFC) processes to include site surveys, data collecting, validate ATC/ATC/CoN requirements, network drawings, submission, implementation and tracking to completion.
5. Able to perform cable plant troubleshooting, installation and fabrication to include: Fiber patch cables, ST/SC/LC connectors, Media converters, copper/fiber Modems, CAT 5/6, RJ-11, RJ-45 termination.
6. Continuously create, maintain and update network configuration management artifacts for the LAN/WAN as part of desk top engineering library and RMF compliancy.
7.Perform, manage and maintain support of government/customer reporting, compliance, and verification policies. Utilizing ACAS reports, detect system and network vulnerabilities/deficiencies, as part of information assurance network security policy. Research and apply required cyber security patches per IAVA requirements and take actions to remediate any vulnerabilities that exist. ValidateATCTS compliancy requirements for users.Supports IA functions as assigned.
8. Operates network management hardware and software to ensure compliance with security standards and service levels.
9. Operates processor assisted diagnostic and control equipment and software to perform network, technical, and configuration control, surveillance, and security.
10. Oversees, operates, monitors, secures, and controls the physical, data link, network, and transport layers of strategic Communications-Computer Systems including connectivity to local and wide area networks, end-to-end IP telecommunications systems, long-haul IP transmissions, and the global information grid.
11. Operates cryptographic equipment to test, reset, fault isolate and rekey as required: KG 175D, KIV-7 HS/HSB/M, SKL fill device, etc. to include configuration, key management and troubleshooting are essential. Maintain COMSEC policies and procedures. Performs the duties of a COMSEC Hand Receipt Holder; handling keying material and devices in accordance with applicable regulations.
12.SupportRisk Management Framework(RMF) and Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS) document collection, modification and validation. RMF support for Local Area Network (LAN) and Tenant Security Plan (TSP). Manage compliancy using Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG), Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP) Compliance requirements andIn the Configuration Tool (ICAT) tools.Assets management (ICAT/hardware/software listings, RFC/Remedy) Vulnerability management (ACAS/STIG/SCAP/ICAT), configuration management (ICAT, RFC/Remedy, Data flow drawings, Topology drawings, change management), and compliance management (RMF/eMASS)
13. Proficient in the management of USAREUR VTC suites, equipment, links, firewalls and network resources.
14. Support Information Assurance Self-Assessment (IASAST) DOD Cyber Security Score Card requirements.
15. Proficient at software/hardware maintenance and troubleshooting of VMware (including HYPER-V), storage clusters, event log collection, review, trending and issue mitigation.
16. Responsible for operations and maintenance of VoIP/VoSIP equipment. Must have experience with Cisco Unified Call Manager/Call Manager Express for VoIP deployments.
17. Performs other duties and assignments as required.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT & APPLICATIONS DIRECTLY USED:
Cisco Unified Call Manager/Call Manger Express
VM Ware/Hyper V
Pairgain and Congo Perkins Modems
Microsoft Server 2012 R2
Cisco Unified Call Manager/Call Manager Express
Cisco Port Security Interface/802.1x
Print Queue Management
Microsoft OS Windows 7& 10
Microsoft Office 2007/2013
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES:
Must be able to lift/push/pull 20 lbs.
Office environment in a forward deployed location (FOB).Work environment will also be very hot to very cold due to conditions within the region.Personnel will also be required to sit and talk on the phone for long periods of time. Personnel will also be required to perform outside/inside work at both customer and network facility locations.
High school diploma or equivalent.Graduate of military or technical courses in the field of Information Technology.
Candidates MUST be currently qualified under AR 25-2 and DoD Instruction 8750 for elevated privileges on DoD/Army Networks. A current CompTIA Security (CE ) certificate that has been obtained in the last 24 months, and a CCNA/CCNP certification are required. A current ISC2 CISSP Certification in good standing may be substituted for the Security certification. A certification as a Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) or equivalent is desirable, as well as a working knowledge of Microsoft Office 2013 software. Certifications are subject to submission for validation before an interview.
Must have a valid driver’s license. An International Drivers License is desired.
Should have minimum of two years of experience in a Network Administration (NA) / Systems Administration (SA) environment Excellent customer service skills are mandatory.
SECURITY CLEARANCE:SECRET, based off aSinge Scope Background Investigation, (SSBI) or its renewal. Subject to validation at, or before an interview.
Title: Information Systems Operations Specialist (NetOps)
Requisition ID: OPM000195
Clearance Level required at Start Date: Secret with SSBI
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.