Barbaricum LLC Embedded Maritime Security Advisor - Solomon Islands in United States
Barbaricum supports government clients with Integrated Communications, Mission Support, and Cyber Security/Intelligence. Our passion is innovation and we are committed to client value and effective technical solutions. We are an ISO 9001:2015-certified and CMMI Level 3 appraised, Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) located in Washington, DC. Our mission is to transform the ways the U.S. Government approaches problem sets of increasing complexity by delivering innovative solutions, particularly in support of National Security missions.
Barbaricum is one of the fastest-growing companies in our market. The company is routinely recognized by institutions like Inc. Magazine, GovCon, AMEC, PRSA, and SmartCEO for corporate growth, capabilities, and award-winning client work. Our team is dynamic and agile, providing global support to current missions across five continents. We are also focused on developing and maintaining our vibrant corporate culture, having been recently named a Best Workplace for 2017 by Inc. Magazine.
Barbaricum is seeking a Maritime Security Advisor to provide support to a State Department contract in conjunction with the Department of Defense. Specifically, this individual will work closely with the Solomon Islands Ministry of Police and National Security's Royal Solomon Islands Police Force (RSIPF), and will coordinate with a counterpart in Palau focused on capacity-building efforts to ensure complementary programming, to include INDOPACOM Security Cooperation Offices, the U.S. Coast Guard, U.S. Department of Defense Ministry of Defense Advisors (MODA) and Defense Governance Management Team (DGMT), and other relevant U.S. and likeminded allies capacity building programs, including but not limited to Australia, New Zealand, Japan, and France.
The Advisor shall provide expert guidance and advise the Ministry of Police and National Security and the Commissioner of the RSIPF.
The main goals the host country would like to accomplish with the advisor are to: enhance maritime governance and security through development and implementation of strategy and policies focused on personnel readiness, professionalization of the force, maintenance and logistics, and related planning; enhance ministerial and operational competencies and build RSIPF’s capacity and capability to effectively defend its territory and govern its maritime domain and; establish a plan to enable a professional, ready RSIPF capable of effectively monitoring, patrolling, and enforcing its laws in its Exclusive Economic Zone.
The Advisor will also assist the Solomon Islands with enhancing maritime governance by strengthening the core maritime safety and security competencies within the ministry and RSIPF, including personnel readiness and professionalization, maritime law enforcement strategy and policy, and small boat maintenance and logistics. Additionally, the Advisor will support the implementation of the existing regional plan to integrate law enforcement and MDA common operating pictures. This individual will leverage the established Australian law enforcement presence to help develop existing operational and information sharing protocols, which enable the U.S. and other like-minded partners to share information and threat analysis to support alignment of maritime threat response actions.
- Supervisory experience at a U. S. Coast Guard or Navy sector operations/response department or small boat station responsible for conducting multi-mission operations, overseeing patrol boat and small craft maintenance and logistics, developing and implementing standard operating procedures, and developing and implementing a personnel training and qualification program.
- Minimum six (6) years prior services within the U. S. Coast Guard/Navy service.
- Prior demonstrated experience formulating and implementing maritime strategy, maritime policy, or maritime security matters at the operational and strategic levels required.
- Prior demonstrated operational-level experience in maritime law enforcement and maritime security operations, including 87 to 110-feet patrol boats and small boats.
- Prior demonstrated experience in implementing a patrol boat and small boat job qualification and training program as well as oversight of vessel maintenance and logistics program.
- Prior demonstrated experience planning and executing maritime security, maritime law enforcement, and search and rescue operations and exercises.
- Willingness to travel frequently (up to 20%) and work in disparate work environments.
- U.S. citizen
- Moderate Risk Public Trust (MRPT) certification issued by the Bureau of Diplomatic Security
- Prior demonstrated experience working in service, combatant, and strategic level headquarters staff
- Prior demonstrated experience advising foreign military or government at the operational or strategic level
- Demonstrated ability to work in an environment with limited resources and to apply innovative and creative solutions to resolve problems.
- Proven self-starter who can be successful working independently at various organizational levels and with executives/managers/leaders/staffs from multiple functional areas and cultural backgrounds.
- Demonstrated communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively with counterparts to help them achieve goals through the provision of quality advice, support, and mentoring.
- Proven success in individual and organizational capacity building and aptitude to share knowledge, mentor and coach others.
For more information about Barbaricum, please visit our website at www.barbaricum.com. We will contact candidates directly to schedule interviews. *No phone calls please. *