Abt Associates Deputy Chief of Party - Central Asia Regional TB in Kyrgyzstan
The International Health Division is committed to the improvement of health and healthcare delivery around the world. Serving both the public and private sectors, our efforts include health policy research and evaluation, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. Our impact is felt in policies that ensure healthcare access for women, children, and individuals with special needs, in strengthening health infrastructures, and HIV/AIDS solutions.
Abt Associates seeks a qualified Deputy Chief of Party for the anticipated USAID-funded regional project based in Kazakhstan, Kyrgyz Republic, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, and Uzbekistan. The project aims to improve long-term detection, treatment, and prevention of Tuberculosis (TB), especially drug resistant tuberculosis (DR-TB) in the region. The project will support new and effective approaches for DR-TB treatment and care, expand outpatient treatment models and related health reform activities, and improve the quality of TB medicine manufacturing and laboratory capacity to ensure high quality. We are looking for individuals who are committed to exceeding expectations and who strive to improve the lives of people worldwide.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide managerial and technical support to the Chief of Party, assisting in areas including work planning, performance management, and strategic communications;
- Supervise project subcomponents and activities;
- Serves as the project’s key liaison with USAID, government counterparts, and local partners/stakeholders;
- Manage and supervise the work of project personnel and subcontractors;
- Supervise the project’s administrative team to ensure smooth project operations, timely implementation, and effective communication with the client and home office;
- Collaboratively create and implement a strategic, long-term programmatic vision;
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- Graduate Degree in international development or another relevant field;
- Minimum 5 years of experience implementing large international health projects. TB knowledge and experience preferred.
- Demonstrated experience interacting with government agencies, civil society counterparts, and international donor agencies; USAID experience preferred;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Regional experience in one or more Central Asian countries;
- Excellent English and Russian skills required. Other Central Asian language is an asset.
This position is contingent upon award.
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled