Abt Associates Chief of Party - Central Asia Regional TB in Kyrgyzstan
The International Health Division is committed to the improvement of health and healthcare delivery around the world. Serving both the public and private sectors, our efforts include health policy research and evaluation, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. Our impact is felt in policies that ensure healthcare access for women, children, and individuals with special needs, in strengthening health infrastructures, and HIV/AIDS solutions.
Abt Associates seeks a qualified Chief of Party for the anticipated USAID-funded regional tuberculosis (TB) project based in Kazakhstan, Kyrgyz Republic, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, or Uzbekistan. The project aims to improve long-term detection, treatment, and prevention of TB, especially drug resistant tuberculosis (DR-TB) in the region. The project will support new and effective approaches for DR-TB treatment and care, expand outpatient treatment models and related health reform activities, and improve the quality of TB medicine manufacturing and laboratory capacity to ensure high quality. We are looking for individuals who are committed to exceeding expectations and who strive to improve the lives of people worldwide.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Provides strategic direction and technical leadership to produce project results;
- Serves as the project’s key liaison with USAID, government counterparts, and local partners/stakeholders;
- Provides leadership and technical support specifically for project staff and subcontractors;
- Supervise the project’s technical assistance team to ensure a focus on core results, achievements of annual work plan and targets, and timely/effective implementation;
- Collaboratively create and implement a strategic, long-term programmatic vision;
- Monitors the progress and pace of project implementation, assuring that the full potential of the program is realized through the promotion of high quality work and internal control;
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- Graduate Degree (minimum) in international development or another relevant field;
- Minimum 10 years of experience implementing large international health projects with significant TB experience
- Chief of Party experience preferred;
- Demonstrated experience interacting with government agencies, civil society counterparts, and international donor agencies; USAID experience preferred;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Regional experience in one or more Central Asian countries;
- Excellent English and Russian skills required. Other Central Asian language is an asset.
This position is contingent upon award.
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled