PPD Vendor Oversight Mgr in China
Manages full supply chain oversight for high complex global clinical trials. Ensures project/study activities are in compliance with company and client requirements. Mentors, trains and provides on-going support to junior team members. May act as main contact and escalation point for assigned clients. Provides consultation services to vendors and may develop and update vendor-specific manuals. Builds and maintains vendor relationships.
- Meets with internal teams to address risks, coordinate efforts, provide recommendations and support client and internal team escalations.
- Participates in ongoing training on new regulations.
- Participates in the bidding process.
- Represents the department internally and externally at meetings, strategic projects, bid defense meetings and initiatives as per the business requirements.
- Coaches, mentors and guides junior team members.
- Participates in or leads process improvement initiatives. Actively supports the roll-out of new processes within the department.
- Maintains and uses oversight tools while continuously looking for improvement opportunities.
- Ensures clear understanding on vendor pipeline to allow for adequate resourcing.
- Builds strong internal and external network.
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Having wide-ranging experience, uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways. Some barriers to entry exist at this level (e.g., dept. / peer review). Level at which career may plateau.
- Determines methods and procedures on new assignments and may coordinate activities of other personnel (i.e., Team Lead). Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
Education and Experience: Bachelor's degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 8 years).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, including a high level of English
- Exceptional interpersonal, planning, organizational, problem solving, sense of urgency and decision making skills.
- Capable of leading and motivating teams and teaching/mentoring team members
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Sharp focus on customers and attention to detail
- Ability to work in team environment, as well as work completely independent
- Very good understanding of clinical supply operations
- Exceptional client and 3rd party relationship management
- Excellent ability to provide customer service with the highest standards of quality and excellence
- Very skilled in bid preparation and bid defense
- Strong presentation skills and proven ability to represent the department
Job: *Clinical Supplies
Organization: *US BU
Title: Vendor Oversight Mgr
Requisition ID: 189424
PPD is an affirmative action employer that values diversity as a strength fosters and environment of mutual respect. PPD provides equal employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, pregnancy, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or other status within any other protected group