PPD Principal Programmer Analyst - BITS (Remote/Office/Flex) in Bulgaria
PPD’s mission is to improve health. It starts as an idea to find a cure. It becomes a life saved. All in-between, it’s you! We know that meaningful results not only require the right approach, but also the right people. We invite you to re-imagine health promoting protocols with us, working alongside our talented, bright and energetic teams.
We are passionate about being data and technically agile and driving enhanced value for our clients and patients. Determined to improve patient health, we help PPD provide industry-leading statistical, programming and clinical pharmacology contributions through global delivery, consistent quality adherence and scientific insight.
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being one team. We offer continued career advancement opportunities, award winning training and benefits focused on the health and wellbeing of our employees.
This amazing opportunity is within our BITS team! More information on this group below.
See below for an exciting opportunity to join ourProcess and Quality Optimization TeamasPrincipal Programmer Analyst
- Join the Bios Infrastructure, Tools and Standards (BITS) team, and collaborate with other BITS members on process improvement initiatives.
- Develop tools and processes that will streamline Biostatistics and Programming deliveries.
- Assess current tools and processes to determine where they can be improved and extended.
- Collaborate with project teams to show them how to optimize their use of BITS tools.
This role is 100% non-billable and is therefore ideal for experienced SAS programmers who want to move away from project work, and yet remain in Biostatistics.
MS/MA degree in computer science, statistics, biostatistics, mathematics, or related field and at least 6 years of experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, statistics, biostatistics, mathematics or related field or equivalent and relevant formal academic/vocational qualification, and at least 8 years of experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job requirements.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- SAS programming experience within clinical research trials is required. Successful candidates must be familiar with Statistical Analysis Plans (SAPs), SDTM datasets, ADaM datasets, and statistical tables, listings, and figures (TLFs).
- VBA and .NET experience is desirable, but not required
- Ability to provide mentorship and promote teamwork in a multi-disciplinary team setting
- Strong knowledge of statistical principles and strong statistical skills
- Ability to create design specifications and validation plans for new applications or features
- Proven performance of required tasks, as evidenced in outstanding performance in current tasks and/or documented record of accomplishments
- Evidence of strong management skills, as shown through management of multiple projects and/or staff members
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Good organizational skills with the ability to adapt and adjust to changing priorities
- Positive attitude and the ability to work well with others
At PPD clinical research services we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being one team. We understand that you will want to grow both professionally and personally throughout your career, and therefore at PPD clinical research services you will benefit from an award-winning learning and development programme, ensuring you reach your potential.
As well as being rewarded a competitive salary, we have an extensive benefits package based around the health and well-being of our employees. We have a flexible working culture, where PPD clinical research services truly value a work-life balance. We’ve grown sustainably year on year but continue to offer a collaborative environment, with teams of colleagues eager to share expertise and have fun together. We are a global organization but with a local feel.
Our 4i Values:
Integrity – Innovation – Intensity – Involvement
If you resonate with our 4i values above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world’s most urgent health needs, submit your application – we’d love to hear from you!
Job: *Statistical Programming
Organization: *GB BU
Title: Principal Programmer Analyst - BITS (Remote/Office/Flex)
Requisition ID: 222591
Other Locations: Belgium, Romania, FR-FR-France, Kenya, Portugal, Czech Republic, Bulgaria, Spain, Ireland, South Africa, Netherlands, Turkey, Croatia, Ukraine, Austria, Hungary, Italy, Poland
PPD is an affirmative action employer that values diversity as a strength fosters and environment of mutual respect. PPD provides equal employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, pregnancy, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or other status within any other protected group