SourceAmerica Products Packaging and Manufacturing Specialist in Vienna, Virginia
SourceAmerica is a central non-profit agency with a mission to provide employment opportunities for people with disabilities and wounded warriors. Through our commercial lines of business, we work with our network of nonprofits to provide a variety of quality products and services.
The Consumer Product Packaging and Manufacturing (CPPM) commercial line of business specializes in the areas of product packaging, co-packaging, assembly, kitting, warehousing, fulfillment and the manufacturing of products and services.
SourceAmerica’s CPPM team is seeking someone with extensive technical knowledge, background and experience to provide support for the program management office, commercial sales team, and our non-profit agency supplier network.Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, industry best practices, consulting support and guidance to our partners in this line of business who provide the workforce, facilities, equipment, processes and management for delivering products and services to customers.
Coordinates with the sales team to develop customer relationships and understands customer requirements (ex. SOWs, RFQs) to ensure timely responses to potential business opportunities.Works closely with sales team and program management office to facilitate the selection of appropriate NPA network members for project opportunities. The position is also responsible and accountable for forging and maintaining high-level relationships with consumer-packaged goods industry leaders such as manufacturers, suppliers, buyers, brokers, and customers. Must be willing to attend conferences, participate in meetings, and travel as needed.
- Provide guidance to marketing and sales staff about the consumer product packaging and manufacturing line of business as needed
- Ensure the timeliness and effectiveness of associated program activities such as identification of potential NPA network members for participation in a specific job opportunity
- Understanding/interpreting customer requirements and communicating them to NPAs and supporting the sales team with the submission of final quotes to customers.
- Manages the timely submission of statements of work and pricing quotes to customers
- Performing market research and industry trends to support CPPM best practices.
- Develop and maintain competitive commercial costing and pricing best practices.
- Establish mechanisms and processes to determine and evaluate when and where to seek new NPA members.
- Manage the collection, storage, updating and access to NPA member capability and capacity data
- Effective at identifying best practices and ability to train NPA partners and internal resources to enhance core competencies.
- Ability to assess customer requirements to determine the viability of participating NPA network members to ensure accurate quotations to potential customers.
- Knowledge and experience with time studies and production line set-up and management.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Knowledge of the supply chain industry (product packaging/kitting, warehousing, fulfillment, 3PL, logistics, manufacturing, sourcing/procurement etc.) its associations, key players, and key performance standards.
- Relational skills, technical skills, and ability to train.
- Requires well-developed organizational skills, and the ability to work under pressure, while meeting deadlines and maintaining accuracy of work.
- Knowledge & experience in project costing and pricing within a production system environment.
- Breadth of knowledge in packaging equipment and materials.
- Basic knowledge of logistics, sufficient to understand U.S. geography and transportation of goods.
- Proven ability to excel in a collaborative team environment and working cohesively with other internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrate presentation, interpersonal, organizational, negotiation and communication skills.
- Personal computer skills, with proficiency in Microsoft Office, common Internet activities and the ability to work with multiple types of systems.
- Travel required – 50%.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- 5+ years of extensive hands on experience and knowledge of product packaging, supply chain and manufacturing.
We're looking for workers who are 'Purpose Driven'
We celebrate diversity and inclusion
We welcome those who require work accommodations
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Posted: July 12, 2018