Weyerhaeuser Harvest Logistics Planner in Vanceboro, North Carolina
Weyerhaeuser is searching for a Harvest Logistics Planner/Dispatcher to join the CVA Harvesting and Transportation Team. This position is part of the Carolinas Virginia Region of the Southern Timberlands business and will report to the Region Transportation Manager. The role is located in Vanceboro, NC.
As a Harvest Logistics Planner, your focus is identifying and implementing the best and most cost-effective method to transport logs.
- Schedule the transport of raw materials via contract haulers
- Data tracking and retention
- Maintain a constant vigilance of the logger's needs, drivers' whereabouts, and availability of trucks and truck drivers, which is essential to make the most efficient use of available trucks
- Maintain daily communication with contract truck managers, drivers, wood flow managers, harvest managers, and marketing representatives
- Work in a fast-paced environment to adjust schedules on the fly in order to meet system changes
Utilization of logistics computer software/model daily
High School Diploma/GED
- 2 years of logistics experience is preferred
- Strong customer service skills with the ability to communicate and interact effectively with a diverse group of individuals
- Proven commitment to safety with knowledge of safety processes
- Ability and willingness to work both independently and as a team member
- Ability to effectively communicate using telephone, office supplies and equipment
- Basic understanding of GPS software
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Willingness and ability to be adaptable to frequent change, while multi-tasking in fast paced environment
- General understanding of logging, trucking, and transportation activities
- General knowledge of operating area and map reading
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to work holidays and weekends as needed
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.
*We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us. *
We believe trees are a remarkable resource that can and should be managed responsibly to make a range of products that meet human needs, while also providing recreation, wildlife habitat, and other important ecosystem benefits.
For more than a century, we've been taking care of forests to make life better.
/Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. Inclusion is one of our five core values and we strive to maintain a culture where all our people feel a sense of belonging, opportunity and shared purpose. We are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce and supporting an equitable and inclusive environment that inspires people of all backgrounds to join, stay and thrive with our team. /
Job: *Operations, Manufacturing, & Construction
Title: Harvest Logistics Planner
Requisition ID: 01019043