Siemens Piping Engineer in Vadodara, India
Job Family: Engineering
Req ID: 371722
Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
We make real what matters. This is your role
Role & Responsibilities :
• Knowledge of Piping Engineering codes and standards like: ASME B31.1, B31.3, ANSI, IBR, EJMA and associated codes for Power Plant piping design.
• Coordinate with Consultant/End Customer for technical query resolution. Initiate and participate Project interface review, vendor document review, Civil & Electrical interface and Civil input sharing.
• Preparation 3D Model, 2D TG Hall Layout, Piping Layout suitable to process requirement, Isometrics and Support drawing.
• Able to calculate pipe sizing & thickness calculation, material selection, pressure drop calculation and valve class calculation. Have overview of various types of fittings, valves & specialty items.
• Able to understand Pipe Stress analysis report for support selection and further preparation of detail 2D support drawing.
• Understanding of Civil and Structure arrangement, external piping layout, cable trays & ducting arrangement for checking interface.
• Have good hands on experience on 3D modelling software PDMS/E3D.
• Time bound, target oriented working and cost optimization approach.
• Self motivated, Team player and Digitalization enthusiast.
• Proficient in 2D drafting in AutoCad and Skillful in 3D modeling software PDMS/E3D.
• B.E./B.Tech/M.Tech. (Mechanical) with 4 to 8 year’s experience in Piping Engineering.
• Skills for Power Plant process understanding, pipe stress analysis basics, structure design basics are desirable.
• Knowledge of PDMS/E3D Administration and catalog preparation shall be an added advantage.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Vadodara, where you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers