Actalent Systems Administrator in Uniondale, New York
One of our top aerospace and defense companies in Long Island is looking for immediate help with some of their most urgent projects producing cutting edge technology.
Information technology support services including hardware and software setup, installation and end user support.
• Setup the Mitchel Field Information Management System (MIMS 2) user accounts.
• Ensure Cyber Security requirements are met.
• Documentation including end user manuals as specified by Buyer’s Program Manager or his/her designee
• Setup VMware products and services.
• Install and maintain ClearQuest, ClearCase, Dynamic Object Oriented Requirements System (DOORS), Git, and required SharePoint servers.
• Installation and setup of storage devices, network, Uninterruptible Power Supplies (UPS), and backup systems.
• Interface with appropriate vendors to facilitate support when required.
• Facilitate application migration between older and newer versions.
• Maintain and migrate existing data reports.
DOORS, clear quest, clearcase, linux system administration, hardware/software
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree in systems engineering, electrical engineering, information technology, or related field
• 3+ years of relevant experience working with data management systems
• Familiarity working in Linux Operating Systems
• Familiarity with IBM products including ClearCase, ClearQuest, and DOORS. This is a must have!
• VMware Administration experience
• Linux System Administration experience
• Windows System Administration experience
• Networking experience
• Familiarity with Git
• Experience deploying and verifying security software applications and patches.
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.