Safran Electrical Engineer in Twinsburg, Ohio
Electrical and mechatronics
Research, design and development
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Twinsburg, Ohio, UNITED STATES
Regular Full time, Full-time
More than 5 years
Job Location: Twinsburg, Ohio
The Electrical Engineer III will be responsible for the development of state-of-the-art electrical and electronic designs for use in commercial and military fixed-wing aircraft and rotorcraft. This role will originate specifications, design documents, verification/validation plans and procedures, reports, or other documentation in support of design and development activities. This role will be the technical focal for assigned projects, providing guidance and support to other engineering disciplines and business functions as required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Design new products and modify existing products to support customer, manufacturing, regulatory, industry standard, and market requirements
• Perform analog and digital design, circuit analysis, and simulation
• Provide support and relevant documentation for other engineering teams (such as software, mechanical, and materials) to develop and modify new and existing products
• Perform product troubleshooting and lab testing
• Coordinate and support prototype manufacturing of new designs
• Prepare, review, and approve documentation, test procedures, etc. to define and validate designed products
• Participate in and lead multi-discipline design reviews both internally with peers and externally with customers
• Evaluate design changes for impact to product design, cost, and schedule
• Provide technical support to all internal departments, suppliers, and customers as related to the product
• Adhere to safe work practices and contributes to the evolution of the health, safety, and environmental program and culture
• Other duties may be assigned:
The work environment is split between office and laboratory work, with most work being performed in the office. The noise level in the office is typically quiet while the noise level in the lab can occasionally require hearing protection.
While performing the duties of the position, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands and fingers, handle and feel, and reach with hands and arms
- • The employee will occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds
Education and/or Experience:
• A Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering
• A minimum 5 years experience in electronics design in a regulated industry
Candidate Skills & Requirements:
• Experience in analog and digital circuit design including op-amps, comparators, discretes, ADCs, and power switching circuits
• Experience in directing PCB layout work and verifying routing requirements
• Experience and hands-on capability with troubleshooting and solving technical problems related to circuit and system failures
• Hands-on experience with typical electrical test and measurement equipment
• Ability to demonstrate analytical problem solving
• Strong project management and oraganizational skills
• Strong communication and team-building skills
• Ability to function in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision while performing multiple tasks
• Proficiency in a schematic capture program such as Cadence OrCAD
• Proficiency in a circuit simulation program such as pSpice
• Proficiency in calculation tools such as Excel or MathCAD
• Structured problem solving techniques
• Experience with digital design including microcontrollers/DSPs and digital bus communication is a plus but not required
• Experience with EMI and lightning compliance including RF emissions and susceptibility and induced effects of lightning (IEL) are a plus but not required.
Specificity of the job
- • Travel requirements: Occasionally be required to travel, both domestically in the United States and internationally (less than 10%)
Safran Electrical & Power
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector.
Safran Electrical & Power is one of the world's leaders in aircraft electrical systems. The company is a key player in the equipment electrification and in the electric and hybrid propulsion sector. It has 15,000 employees across 13 different countries.