PRIDE Industries Irrigation Tech in Travis AFB, California
PRIDE Industries is a fast-paced company with a mission: To Create Jobs for People with Disabilities while providing high quality, value-added solutions to our nationwide customers. We are currently recruiting to fill the following position:
Job: Irrigation Tech
Job Code: 236 - TL-Irrigation Tech
SCA Occup: 23370 General Maintenance Worker
Salary Grade: Federal Wage Determination or Collective Bargaining Agreement
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Approval Date: March 2017
Under general supervision, the Irrigation Technician installs repairs and maintains the irrigations systems for a customer contract. Employees in this job class maintain irrigation systems from the point of connection to the main line and booster pumps, handle electronic valves, battery operated valves and lateral lines that feed the sprinkler heads and nozzles. This position is also responsible for the electronic irrigations timers, flow sensors, master valves and weather stations. This job class requires knowledge of various irrigation systems and how they operate.
- Performs minor and major repairs on breaks in the water mainline and lateral lines, repairs or replaces valves and performs excavation as necessary.
- Repairs and adjusts sprinkler heads.
- Troubleshoots low-voltage lines, 24-valve solenoids, trace wires and toning underground.
- Troubleshoots irrigation controllers, checks transformers, connections of common wires and station wires and cleans circuit boards.
- Programs and troubleshoots booster pumps setting proper flow and PSI limits.
- Programs timers for water, including days and frequency at the main computer and on site.
- Conducts sprinkler checks to ensure system is working and providing proper coverage. Flags breaks and damages. Conducts site checks to inspect vitality of plant material.
- Installs irrigation systems, controllers, builds concrete pads. Installs high-voltage electrical connections, master valves and flow sensors.
- Programs central control system and reports on water usage and alarms.
- Troubleshoots and repairs repeaters and transmitters.
- Maintains weather station.
- Performs grounds maintenance duties as needed, which includes but is not limited to weeding, trimming, mowing, and edging.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Denotes Essential Job Function
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS :
• Three or more years of experience in related occupation involving sprinkler irrigation installation, repair and maintenance;
• Ability to use relevant hand tools and equipment;
• Knowledge of basic hydraulics, tools and parts, including a variety of piping materials such as PVC/plastic, metal, copper and ABS;
• Knowledge of safe operation of construction and landscaping industrial equipment
High School Diploma or GED
CERTIFICATES OR LICENSES REQUIRED:
The following licenses or certificates may be required depending on local, state and/or contract requirements:
Valid Driver's License
Employees must have the ability to perform the following physical demands for extended periods of time with or without assistance:
• Standing and walking
• Maneuvering around equipment
• Bending, kneeling, squatting, stooping, reaching, pushing, pulling and shoveling
• Lifting of equipment up to 50 pounds
• Pushing or pulling equipment weighing up to 75 pounds
• Carrying a 20-pound backpack blower
Work is performed at a customer’s location on job sites in a construction environment with various tools, and mechanical, electrical and construction equipment. Transporting to work locations within the site. At times, may be required to work in confined spaces. Employees may be exposed to hazardous equipment, toxic substances, noise from equipment, and depending on external weather conditions, wind, rain, cold, and heat. Travel between facilities and work locations may be required.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job. Employees are expected to follow their supervisor’s instructions and to perform the tasks requested by their supervisors.
At PRIDE, we make a difference in the lives of many, one job at a time.
How to Apply
If you are interested in working for this unique organization that blends business with a social mission, please apply online at www.prideindustries.com .PRIDE Industries is a VEVRAA federal contractor committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Visit our website to learn more!
PRIDE will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
PRIDE will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all federal, state, and local laws.
Job ID 2021-13522
Type Part Time Regular
Location US-CA-Travis AFB
Additional Information N/A
Referral Bonus Eligible? Yes