HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Clinical Pharmacist in Tomball, Texas
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
We value your contributions. Our employee recognition programs encourage our teams to raise the bar. We are currently seeking aPharmacistto join our family. Come be a part of the change!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
HCA Houston Healthcare Tomball – Tomball, Texas
Pharmacist – Pharmacy
HCA Houston Healthcare Tomball is a 350-bed offering a wide variety of services, including emergency care, labor and delivery, a level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), general surgery, orthopedics, and robotic surgery. The hospital's 150-acre campus also features The Tomball Regional Orthopedic Center, The Women's Center, Texas Sports Medicine Center, and The Heart and Vascular Center.
HCA Houston Healthcare Tomball is affiliated with HCA Houston Healthcare, part of the HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division. The division is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers and diagnostic imaging facilities in greater Houston, Corpus Christi and South Texas. Facilities include: 17 hospitals, nine ambulatory care centers, 13 off-campus emergency centers, and a regional transfer center.
What you will do in this role:
- Staff pharmacists fill orders for drugs, monitor patient drug therapy and provide drug information
- In the absence of the Director of Pharmacy, a staff pharmacist may be required to assume the essential responsibilities and perform the duties of the director of pharmacy.
- IV Dispensing – Accurately reads and interprets physician orders. Prepares or oversees the preparation (calculates correct doses, ensures compatibility and correct concentration) of routine IV solutions, TPN, chemotherapy, and IV piggybacks. Must have documentation of sterile products yearly validation, and required CE.
- Medication Dispensing – Accurately reads and interprets physician orders. Accurately maintains patient profiles, monitoring for correct dosage, drug interactions, allergies and the appropriateness of therapy. Fills or closely supervises filling of orders accurately and with appropriate quantities.
- Monitoring Technician Activities – Checks technician activities including IV admixtures, unit dose prepackaging, stock and desk orders in a timely and accurate manner. Provides feedback to supervisor regarding errors and provides feedback to technicians in a constructive manner.
- Professional Development – Provides documentation of state required continuing education, participates in pharmacist meetings.
- Drug Inventory – Appropriately uses short book and direct communication with regard to drug needs and shortages.
- Computer Entry – Enters all appropriate patient information in proper format at an acceptable rate. Uses computer equipment/software for business purposes only.
What qualifications you will need:
- Two years of hospital pharmacy experience preferred
- Currently licensed to practice pharmacy in TX and has complied with all C.E. including Aseptic Techniques 40 hours requirement by Texas State Board of Pharmacy (Aseptic techniques has to be acquired within one year of employment
- IV Certification Required
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune’s list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our recruiters. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Pharmacy & Pharmacy Tech
Title: Clinical Pharmacist
Location: Texas-Tomball-HCA Houston Tomball
Requisition ID: 26910-136383