DuPont Logistics buyer - India in Telangana, India
Logistics buyer - India (Job Number: 207542W-01)
Procure Warehouse & Transport service to make sure we support business growth through agile, efficient, safe and compliant procurement process and solution.
• Establish procurement strategy to meet business differentiated needs, DuPont standards ,regulatory compliance and a good match of market offering.
• Setup execution plan on yearly basis per procurement strategy including warehouse consolidation, supplier integration, contract negotiation, etc.
• Procure warehousing and transport services in India at competitive cost strategically.
• Lead network optimization projects in India by working closely with suppliers, business stakeholders, IT, etc.
• Implement standard logistics procurement processes, tools, initiatives, best practices and optimization activities.
• Connect closely with business stakeholders to understand needs, business plan and initiatives to incorporate into country procurement strategy and pipelines.
• Support regional procurement projects on data analysis, RFQ scenario analysis, etc.
• Working closely with Service Centers to coordination, lead and execute Logistics centering
• Maintain good knowledge of market information and establish qualified supplier pool with
• Maintain the Highest Business Ethics Standard
• Ability to develop, implement and execute a supply strategy based on market conditions,
business/supply chain needs and available resources
• Ability to develop and articulate alternatives, perform value analysis as well as being capable of
evaluating the risks using a data-based approach to determine the impact, efficiency and
effectiveness of alternative supply solution.
• Result oriented with Intelligent problem-solving skills to deliver innovative and competitivelyadvantaged
• Ability to demonstrate strong interpersonal, analytical, and project management skills to
develop quality relationships with stakeholders & suppliers
• Strong Negotiations skills with Suppliers
• Strong communication skills with internal customers and external suppliers.
• Ability to work under pressure and to tight schedules
• Professional attitude and Adaptable / Flexible approach to work
• Bachelors Degree preference to Logistics/Supply Chain or Business Administration
• Fluency (able to speak, read, write, and comprehend fluently) in English.
• 5+ years buying experience in dealing with diversified logistics suppliers and tools (e.g., reverse
auction, etc.) with good Grasp of Warehouse & Transport Market and sound understanding of
logistics industry best practice
• Strong track record of leading logistics project to effective solutions including the understanding
of supplier base, evaluating options, deciding a course of action, and beginning
• High level of computer literacy including MS PowerPoint, Word, Excel, etc.
Primary Location: APAC-India-Telangana-Hyderabad
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Employee Status: Regular
Job Type: Entry Level
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit our Accessibility Page for Contact Information. For US Applicants: See the “Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law” poster.