AdventHealth Patient Care Technician/Health Unit Coordinator M/S Medical PRN Days in Tavares, Florida
- Opportunity to Work for a Faith-Based, Non-Profit Healthcare Organization
- Patient and Employee Focused Organization Providing Whole Patient Care
- Competitive Salaries and Comprehensive Benefits
- Great benefits such as: Onsite daycare, educational reimbursement
- Career growth and advancement potential
- When in the PCT role: Documents vital signs, intake and outputs and patient activity. Demonstrates competency in the application and care of a patient in restraints. Notifies RN of problem IV’s, discontinues peripheral IV sites. Obtains blood glucose readings, vital signs, and am/pm care as delegated by RN. Completes treatments and procedures and documentation within scope of job duties as directed by licensed nurse. Reports any changes in patient condition or abnormal findings immediately to the appropriate personnel. Records Fall risk assessment on shift huddle sheet and adheres to fall precautions to those patients.
- When in the HUC role: Assures accurate location of patients within the computer system. Answers all call lights for patients as well as incoming phone calls. Places phone calls to other departments and physician offices. Performs all other tasks as assigned.
- Acts as a communication liaison for the patient, family and interdisciplinary health care team. Performs as a team member in administering safe and effective patient care. Protects the rights of all patients; maintains confidentiality of all patient-related information. Demonstrates competency in all procedures and duties within scope of practice.
- Accepts reassignment in a professional and cooperative manner. Establishes and maintains courteous, tactful and professional level of interpersonal skills necessary to deal effectively with customers and populations served.
- Supports departmental and organizational Mission through the appropriate use of resources, providing assistance to team members, accepting work or schedule assignments and participating in process and performance improvement as required.
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- Current Florida Certification as a Nursing Assistant or Current Enrollment in RN program and completion of at least first semester clinicals
- Must have current AHA BLS
- One-Year of Healthcare Nursing Assistant Experience Preferred
The Patient Care Technician/Health Unit Coordinator (PCT/HUC) is responsible to perform duties as assigned by the Nurse Manager or Registered nurse in compliance with established process standards, structure standards and protocols of the assigned unit. The (PCT/HUC) works in cooperation with all team members in an effort to accomplish departmental goals and objectives. The (PCT/HUC) role is multi-disciplined. When assigned as a PCT, the primary function is the delivery of competent, compassionate, and cost-effective care. When assigned as a Health Unit Coordinator (HUC), primary function is to perform clerical duties.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.