AdventHealth Speciality Supply Chain Coordinator Full Time Days Carrollwood in Tampa, Florida
Location Address: 7171 North Dale Mabry Highway Tampa, Florida 33614
- Family-like culture
- Teamwork driven both inter Dept and multidisciplinary
- Positive working climate to support a well-balanced work life balance
- Has overall responsibility for supplies and materials in assigned specialty department or procedure area.
- Builds and maintains relationships with clinical and non-clinical customers in assigned specialty area to ensure needs are being met, understand when product changes are needed, and obtain updates on new procedures or physician changes.
- Establishes and maintains PAR levels for items stocked in the specialty area, rotating stock so that first in is also first out, ensuring proper shelf labels are in place, and removing any expired goods.
- Coordinates or participates on VAT Committee.
- Actively participates in performance improvement activities, value analysis projects, and supply chain cost reduction initiatives related to assigned specialty department.
- Initiates supply return requests and ensures items are ready for pickup and return.
- Manages product recall activities for assigned specialty area, ensuring affected products are pulled from use and packaged for return, completing required functions in the recall process.
- Ensures that staff is aware of new items or product changes, substitutions, back orders and out of stock supplies as well as changes to storage locations.
- Meets with suppliers to resolve issues, source products and equipment, and set up training needed to support staff.
- Coordinates product trial and evaluations in conjunction with Supply Chain Director, Clinical Resource Manager and/or corporate
- Performs other related duties as requested by authorized personnel
- Basic knowledge of products and equipment used in the specialty area.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Understanding of clinical procedure processes.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Associate degree or 5 years work experience
- 6 -12 months healthcare experience
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
- In-depth knowledge of products and equipment used in specialty area.
- Some knowledge and experience in performing the duties associated with purchasing, receiving, shipping, and distribution.
- Demonstrates ability to use an ERP system.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- RN Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in Business
- 3 years specialty area healthcare experience
- 6 months Peoplesoft experience
This position will have responsibility for managing and maintaining supply stock in a specialty department or procedure area and building relationships with staff members in the department. The Specialty Supply Chain Coordinator will be responsible for supplier relationships, requisitioning supplies, equipment, and services, and processing bill-only and consignment requisitions. This position will be responsible for managing inventory levels, ensuring new products are properly reviewed prior to purchasing, keeping supply areas clean and neat, managing consignments and expiring goods, processing returns, updating shelf labels, and completing all computer software functions necessary to ensure that the appropriate supplies and equipment are available and accurate transactions are recorded.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.