Actalent Cad Drafter In Lakeland, FL in Tampa, Florida
Actalent is currently seeking a CAD Drafter to join their growing team in Lakeland. These drafters will be involved in the implementation of generation, substation, distribution, protection and automation principles.
They will be supporting electrical work for projects all across the globe. They have over 500 clients in a variety of industries including Pulp & Paper (Georgia Pacific, WestRock, Graphic Packaging, etc.), Disney, SpaceX (space exploration), Mosaic (Phosphate Mining and Processing), Seven Seas Water (Desalination Treatment Plants), US Department of Defense/Military Bases, Municipalities, and many more.
This is an experienced level position, that will provide a lot of on the job training and develop the individual into a skilled member of the engineering team.
Under direct supervision and assistance, the individual will be responsible to perform the following duties:
• Learn, practice and promote ALL safety policies and procedures 100% of the time.
• Learn client and/or company policies and procedures for the development of site designs for electrical distribution facilities to serve a variety of customer needs.
• Learn and be trained to prepare power system studies and analysis (Short Circuit, Voltage, Time-Current-Coordination, Equipment duty and Load Flow).
• Learn and be trained to prepare site drawings and construction sketches for various installations of electrical facilities in a cost-effective manner that maximizes safety and reliability.
• Learn and be trained to prepare job packages including material estimates and material requisitions of the materials required for the prepared distribution electrical designs.
• Learn and be trained to evaluate loading of various equipment components being installed such as transformation or fusing to ensure a cost-effective, safe, and reliable design.
• Learn and be trained to maintain accurate records and files and update the appropriate client systems with accurate data entry.
• Learn and be trained to prepare CADD drawings.
• Supports both company and client's business goals and expectations while representing themselves positively and professionally.
• Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Top Skills Details:
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Must have drafting experience, electrical drafting a plus.
Must have a desire to learn and be in the power/electrical industry.
Individual is expected to be able to be trained and develop basic skills and expertise in electrical design and technical tasks.
Individual is expected to be pro-active, motivated and desire to develop sufficient skills to advance in the Power Engineering field.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Actalent, diversity and inclusion are a bridge towards the equity and success of our people. DE&I are embedded into our culture through:
Hiring diverse talent
Maintaining an inclusive environment through persistent self-reflection
Building a culture of care, engagement, and recognition with clear outcomes
Ensuring growth opportunities for our people
Actalent is an equal opportunity employer.
Actalent connects passion with purpose. We help visionary companies advance their engineering and science initiatives through access to specialized experts that drive scale, innovation, and speed to market. With a network of almost 30,000 engineering and sciences consultants and more than 4,500 clients across the U.S., Canada, Asia, and Europe, Actalent serves many of the Fortune 500. An operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions, Actalent launched as a new specialized engineering and sciences services and workforce solutions brand in 2021.