Polaris Industries Quality Inspector 1 in Syracuse, Indiana
For more than 45-years we’ve been perfecting fun on the water with our innovative and incredibly versatile deck boat design.
JOIN OUR FAMILY AT HURRICANE BOATS WE HAVE SO MUCH TO OFFER!!!!!!!
· Competitive Hourly Rates
· Bonus Incentive Plans
· Paid Time Off Including Vacation & Holidays (Accruing your very first day!!!!)
· 401(k) & Employee Stock Ownership Plan
· Full Health & Wellness Benefits Package - Dental insurance, Employee assistance program, Flexible spending account, Health insurance, Health savings account, Life insurance
Lamination plant gets an automatic $2 more an hour due to it being Fiberglass.
You MUST be able to work with and around raw fiberglass.
SIGN ON BONUS.... Employees will receive $1 per hour for all hours worked for each week. In addition to the $1 per hour for all hours worked, employees will receive $125/$250 after completing…
30 days - $125/$250 (skilled positions)
60 days - $125 /$250 (skilled positions)
90 days - $125/$250 (skilled positions)
6 months -$125/$250 (skilled positions)
The Sign-on bonus payout will still be based on points accrued during the corresponding period to the payment. If the employee accrues 1 point during the week, they will lose half that week’s bonus. If the employee accrues 2 points during the week, they will lose all their bonus for the week and the month. Employees will be eligible for the Attendance Bonus after the Sign-on Bonus is exhausted.
(Eligible after Sign-on Bonus is exhausted)
Weekly Attendance Bonus – Based on points accrued that week. $1 per hour for all hours worked for the week.
Monthly Perfect Attendance Bonus – Based on points accrued that month. $1 per hour for all hours worked for the current month.
DON'T MISS OUT ON OUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY REFERRAL BONUS AS WELL. BRING EVERYONE WITH YOU!! Friends and family referral program, you refer someone to us and we hire them you could get wither $2000 or $3000 depending the position that they are hired for. They also get an additional $1500 for that program.
Inspector 1 is responsible for inspecting all boats, both the inside and outside of the boat for any electrical, functional, or fit and finish defects, to ensure they meet the quality standards of Highwater Marine. The inspector is required to document defects, re-check when fixed, and sign off on every boat that is released to the dealer.
Essential Job Functions
· Knowledge of all manufactured boats
· Ability to communicate quality discrepancies to repairman and Group Leader
· Ability to operate equipment to ensure all functional parts are working
· Use and read a tape measure down to 1/32"
· Must know how to read prints
· Must be able to follow the Inspection Guidelines and inspect boats.
· Help and update quality control boards
· Have a fuel pressure logbook that will need updated each day
· Some spot inspection on the production lines
Non-essential Job Functions
· Attention to Detail
· Organize and 5S work area
· Communicate well with others
· Must be a great problem solver
· Must be able to understand Line moves (Takt)
· Ability to work indoors, in tight spaces, and without air conditioning
· Exposure to noise, dust, and cleaning chemicals
· Ability to use a ladder and climb in and out of boats
· Must be able to lift and handle up to 25 pounds
· Have basic computer knowledge
· Must be able to climb stairs, climb in and out of boats, kneel and bend down to floor level for 8 hours
· Read and follow inspection guidelines
· Read pressure gauge
· Have good/legible handwriting
· Must be willing to be Cross-Trained
· Must be able to perform and maintain performance of 1 Quality role.
· Safety Glasses
· Steel Toe Shoes
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled