Amazon Cloud Support Engineer (Linux) in Sydney, Australia
Amazon Web Services is the market leader and technology forerunner in the Cloud business. As a member of the AWS Support team you will be at the forefront of this transformational technology, assisting a global list of companies and developers that are taking advantage of a growing set of services and features to run their mission-critical applications. As a Cloud Support Engineer, you will act as the ‘Cloud Ambassador’ across all the cloud products, arming our customers with required tools & tactics to get the most out of their Product and Support investment.
Would you like to use the latest cloud computing technologies? Do you have an interest in helping customers understand application architectures and integration approaches? Are you familiar with best practices for applications, servers and networks? Do you want to be part of a customer facing technology team helping to ensure the success of Amazon Web Services (AWS) as a leading technology organization?
If you fit the description, you might be the person we are looking for! We are a group of smart people, passionate about cloud computing, and believe that world class support is critical to customer success.
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT FROM A LIFE AT AWS?
Every day will bring new and exciting challenges on the job while you:
· Learn and use groundbreaking technologies
· Apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to provide unique solutions to our customers' individual needs
· Interact with leading engineers around the world
· Partner with Amazon Web Services teams to help reproduce and resolve customer issues
· Leverage your extensive customer support experience to provide feedback to internal AWS teams on how to improve our services
· Drive customer communication during critical events
· Drive projects that improve support-related processes and our customers’ technical support experience
· Write tutorials, how-to videos, and other technical articles for the developer community
· Work on critical, highly complex customer problems that may span multiple AWS services
WHY AWS SUPPORT?
· First and foremost this is a customer support role – in The Cloud
· On a typical day, a Support Engineer will be primarily responsible for solving customer’s cases through a variety of customer contact channels which include telephone, email, and web/live chat. You will apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to provide tailored solutions for our customers and drive customer interactions by thoughtfully working with customers to dive deep into the root cause of an issue.
· Apart from working on a broad spectrum of technical issues, an AWS Support Engineer may also coach/mentor new hires, develop & present training, partner with development teams on complex issues or contact deflection initiatives, participate in new hiring, write tools/script to help the team, or work with leadership on process improvement and strategic initiatives.
· Career development: We promote advancement opportunities across the organization to help you meet your career goals.
· Training: We have training programs to help you develop the skills required to be successful in your role.We hire smart people who are keen to build a career with AWS, so we are more interested in the areas that you do know instead of those you haven’t been exposed to yet.
The Linux role supports our services that focus on compute technologies. In this role, you will support AWS Services including EC2, EBS, LightSail and the services that enable customers to migrate their workloads to AWS. As well as supporting our customers, you will be leading operational improvement initiatives, and acting as the voice of the customer to internal teams across AWS.
Want to know what’s it like to be a Support Engineer at AWS? Take a look!
What if I’m not an expert in all the preferred qualifications listed on the job description? That’s okay. That’s our preferred list, not a required listed. We hire people who can dive deep so we’re more interested in the areas that you do know instead of those you haven’t been exposed to yet.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Melbourne, VIC, AUS | Sydney, NSW, AUS
Experience in troubleshooting with System Administration with Linux.
Experience with Networking and troubleshooting.
Understanding of virtualization and cloud computing.
Experience managing full application stacks from the OS up through custom applications
Knowledge of AWS and Cloud Computing concepts
Understanding of Security best practices
Understanding of distributed computing environments and methodologies
Acknowledgement of country:
In the spirit of reconciliation Amazon acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of country throughout Australia and their connections to land, sea and community. We pay our respect to their elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples today.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected attributes.