BlackBerry Corporation QNX Functional Safety Manager EMEA in Stuttgart, Germany
Worker Sub-Type: Regular
* Job Description: *
BlackBerry® QNX® is a trusted supplier of safe and secure operating systems, hypervisors, frameworks and development tools, and provides premier support and services for building the world’s most critical embedded systems.
Think embedded, think QNX!
BlackBerry QNX was born in embedded, and provides time-tested and trusted foundation software, including our deterministic micro-kernel real-time operating system (RTOS), safety-certified products, middleware and security solutions, all purpose-built for embedded systems.
BlackBerry QNX software is trusted by 24 of the top 25 EV manufacturers and is running in more than 215 million vehicles globally. Our foundation products have been pre-certified to ISO 26262 ASIL D, and we offer a broad range of board support packages, professional services, AUTOSAR adaptive support and middleware solutions – from acoustic management, to digital cockpits to advanced driving assistance (ADAS) - to accelerate development and help OEMs meet Start of Production (SOP) dates.
Are you the person we are looking for?
The Functional Safety team is at the core of everything we do. Joining this team means you will work at the heart of the most reliable and secure embedded OS. Using your extensive knowledge of safety standards, you will partner and give advice to our customers across multiple industries including our high-profile automotive Tier 1 accounts.
In return for your skills, expertise and passion, we will provide you with an attractive compensation, bonus & excellent benefits package. Join us and you will become part of a team that is already leading the way and has even bigger plans for the future. What we are working on is truly groundbreaking!
- Perform and assist with safety analysis activities
- Create documents and/or evidence packages to support certification of roadmap or custom software projects.
- Collaborate closely with external safety assessor.
- Participate in training and workshops related to usage of QNX products in safety critical systems, or to functional safety in general.
- Attend working groups to keep abreast of the industry latest and influence future industry standards.
- Help to improve and keep safety at the forefront of everyone's minds
We are looking for you to have:
- Proven knowledge of software safety standards such as ISO 26262, IEC 61508 or IEC 62304.
- Experience performing safety analyses and crafting the associated documentation.
- Experience with requirements management and associated tools (JAMA, DOORS, etc).
- Embedded software development experience using C.
- Excellent relationship management, communication and interpersonal skills.
- A high degree of motivation and ability to work optimally within a team & independently within a global environment.
It's excellent if you have the following but it's not necessary:
- Familiarity with; o Alternative standards: + EN 50128, UL 4600 or DO-178C. o QNX, or other embedded RTOS development.
- Experience with formal or semi-formal notations.
- Knowledge of software development processes, standards or guidelines (ASPICE, MISRA) as well as scripting and document generation tools (Python, Latex).
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40
BlackBerry (NYSE: BB; TSX: BB) is a trusted security software and services company that provides enterprises and governments with the technology they need to secure the Internet of Things. Headquartered in Waterloo, Ontario, the company is unwavering in its commitment to safety, cybersecurity and data privacy, and leads in key areas such as artificial intelligence, endpoint security and management, encryption and embedded systems. You couldn’t choose a more exciting time to consider joining us! For more information, visit BlackBerry.com and follow @BlackBerry.
©2022 BlackBerry. All right reserved. BlackBerry® and related trademarks, names, and logos are the property of BlackBerry Limited and are registered and/or used in the U.S. and countries around the world.
It is the policy of BlackBerry to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship, status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
EEO Minorities/Females/P rotected Veteran/Disabled