Lockheed Martin Staff Accountant in Stratford, Connecticut
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID-19 variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees are required to follow onsite safety measures based upon the COVID-19 Community Level at the specific work location.
Description: At Lockheed Martin, we are passionate about innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and forward-thinking, everything is within our capacity – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training, education and background.
Do you want to be part of an environment that encourages and supports employees to think big, perform with quality and build incredible products? We provide the resources, encouragement, and focus - if you have the resourcefulness and courage to work hard, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you. Come and experience your future!
Benefits: In addition to the responsibilities highlighted above we offer extensive benefits to include competitive 401k, insurance and a new 4/10 schedule. We remain an equal opportunity company.
This position reports to the Rotary and Mission Systems (RMS) Controller’s organization and is responsible for Accounting and Balance Sheet leadership in the Sikorsky (SAC) Line of Business. The selected candidate will work as the lead Sikorsky Controller for the Commercial Market segment. Specific responsibilities include leading the month-end close process, providing analysis and review of reclass entries, preparing/reviewing month-end journal entries, balance sheet analysis, account reconciliations, inventory analysis, reserve analysis, prepare quarterly and year-end accounting templates, audit support both internal & external, support analysis/reconciliation of backlog, and other Accounting/Finance related activities.
Additional Details of responsibility:
- Lead all controller activities for the Sikorsky Commercial market segment including but not limited to system training, accounting policy including revenue recognition and EAC/CSR process, financial reporting and net investment analysis
- Partner with the Commercial Program Finance teams to ensure appropriate implementation of project structure with a specific focus on the aftermarket platform and the international legal entities
- Lead the RMS balance sheet reviews including monthly working capital variance analysis and net investment liquidation for Sikorsky including presentation to RMS Controllers
- Review Contract Review Worksheets (CRWs) to ensure appropriate revenue recognition conclusion on all Sikorsky new contract orders and modifications including coordination with the RMS Controllers organization as required
-Monitor ongoing performance of the Company’s SOX procedures to ensure full compliance, ensure all appropriate documentation, identify exceptions and ensure remediation, as necessary
-Work with the Company’s external consultants and auditors to support their audits of the Company’s internal controls and other related activities.
- Research, analyze, and resolve discrepancies in Financial/Accounting positions identified in the general ledger.
-Assists with the annual/quarterly significant account reconciliations.
- Complete special projects and perform other duties as required
• Experience in Accounting or Finance
• Strong Organizational skills and attention to detail
• Microsoft Office skills including Excel and Power Point
• Ability to apply organizational, planning, management, problem solving & execution skills to multiple projects simultaneously
• Strong analytical and presentation skills, excellent verbal and written communication
• Understanding of accounting concepts and familiarity with U.S. GAAP
• CPA and/or accounting background
• Balance Sheet analysis experience
• RMS SAP experience
• Hyperion expertise
• Quick learner with aptitude for various systems and processes
• Proven work style focusing on accountability and professionalism
• Works effectively as an individual contributor and as part of a team
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.