Mount Nittany Health Paramedic in State College, Pennsylvania
At Mount Nittany Health, we provide high-quality patient care with a unique combination of the latest in clinical technology and compassionate medical professionals. We are committed to improving both the quality and availability of healthcare in our region and seek to hire only the best to support the communities we serve.
Serves as a member of the Medical Center's Emergency Medical Services Team whose primary responsibility is to respond to emergency situations in the prehospital environment and provide quality patient care services in accordance with Medical Center and departmental policies and standards, applicable laws, and accepted Paramedic practices and protocols.
1) High school graduate or equivalent
2) Completion of an accredited program for Paramedic training; or completion of an accredited nursing program if the applicant is a Prehospital Registered Nurse (PHRN).
1) Two years (post high school) field experience as a Paramedic in an actively operating Advanced Life Support program is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
1) Ability to work well as a team member as well as work independently without supervision.
2) Knowledge of current Pennsylvania Department of Health Statewide Advanced Life Support and Basic Life Support protocols.
3) Ability to work in low light and confined space conditions.
4) Ability to communicate verbally via telephone and radio equipment.
5) Ability to use good judgment and remain calm in high-stress situations.
6) Ability to be unaffected by loud noises and flashing lights.
7) Ability to operate an ambulance and paramedic intercept vehicle in the emergency mode, in a safe manner.
8) Ability to function efficiently throughout an entire work shift without interruption.
9) Ability to accurately complete drug calculations.
10) Ability to read, speak and write in English.
11) Ability to use a computer for completion of Patient Care Reports.
12) Ability to read and follow road maps; and ability to use a Global Positioning System (GPS) mapping system.
13) Ability to effectively deal with emotional and medical needs of patients.
1) Current license by the Pennsylvania Department of Health as an EMT-Paramedic or Health Professional.
2) Completion of the Hazardous Material Operations Level. Must obtain within one year after hire and renew annually.
3) Successful completion of an approved Emergency Vehicle Operations Course (EVOC).
4) Valid Driver’s license.
5) Meets the American Heart Association’s standards for Healthcare Provider Basic Life Support (BLS) and renews every two years.
6) After four months from hire/transfer, meets the American Heart Association’s standards for Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and renews every two years.
7) After six months from hire/transfer, meets the American Heart Association’s standards for Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) and renews every two years.
8) Within three months from the hire/transfer date, completes the Crisis Prevention Institute’s (CPI) Nonviolent Crisis Intervention training and renews annually.
9) Paramedic Board Certification by the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT) preferred.
10) Prehospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS) and/or International Trauma Life Support (ITLS) certification preferred.
iCIMS Job ID: 2021-1604
Mount Nittany Health Entity: Mount Nittany Medical Center
Posting Primary Department: EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES
Primary Shift: Eve/Day/Night
Class Profile: 12 hr shifts
Weekends: Includes Weekend Work
Holidays: Includes Holidays
External Company URL: https://www.mountnittany.org/
Street: 1800 E Park Avenue