Edgewood Properties Senior Design Engineer- Land Development in South Plainfield, New Jersey
EP Design Services LLC (EPDS) is Edgewood’s multi-disciplinary design firm providing architectural and engineering services.
EPDS provides superior design in creating memorable and viable environments.
We're currently seeking a Sr. Design Engineer-Land Development with at least 6+ years of industry experience.
Candidate will work full-time in our creative office located in South Plainfield, NJ.
• Zoning Reviews of municipal zoning and land development ordinances and applicable agency regulations to determine land development limitations for the property
• Site Investigation & Due Diligence, including the review of ordinances, utility service research, outside agency regulations and site visits to establish comprehensive development guidelines
• Preparation of Concept Drawings based upon client's development objectives and conclusions of due diligence. Involves preparation of concept plan, including coordination with AutoCAD drafters
• Design of Storm-water Management & Storm-water Conveyance Systems, including use of AutoCAD/C3D and Hydrology design software. Skills should include preparation of pipe sizing calculations for storm-water conveyance systems, including drainage area maps, surface runoff coefficients, invert, slope, velocity & hydraulic grade line evaluation using the Rational Method & Manning's Equation
• Knowledge of storm-water management design regulations should include County, SCD and governing municipality
• Grading Design to ensure value engineering is achieved through earthwork analysis, and site safety is accomplished through the use of appropriate design slopes
• Design of Utility Systems, including storm-water conveyance, sanitary sewer service, water, gas, telephone service, etc. Also involves determination and resolution of vertical and horizontal utility conflicts that may exist
• Soil Erosion & Sediment Control Design, including stability calculations, Best Management Practices, swale design, spillway design, and determination of construction sequence
• Preparation of Construction Cost Estimates based upon site plan drawings as required for bonding and client purposes
• Project Coordination, including conferring with client, attorney, project team and Bohler affiliates for the purpose of preparing a comprehensive site plan application
• Preparation of Written Correspondence with outside agencies, client, attorney, contractor, etc. Also includes preparation of technical reports including drainage, sanitary sewer and site investigation reports
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering
• PE preferred
• 6+ years of commercial site design and permitting experience
• Experience designing multi-family residential, mixed-use big-box and pad retail sites; with limited supervision and the ability to compile a full set of civil site plan documents
• Must have the ability to understand and implement jurisdictional requirements in the design of multi-family residential, mixed-use projects.
• Excellent written and communication skills
• Proficiency in AutoCAD (Civil 3D is a plus)
• Knowledge of the planning and zoning process
• Self-starter who can work independently and with team members
• Experience dealing with regulatory agencies and review professionals. Strong organizational skills
• Design and drafting capabilities
• Proficient in Hydraflow and/or HydraCAD
• Grading and drainage design skills
• Must be capable of using Microsoft Project for the purpose of preparing permitting critical path and Gantt charts
• Familiar with the use of AutoCAD (X-Refs, Layers, Raster images, plot files, etc.) to assist in the production of site plan drawings. The use of Truck Turning & Modeling software a plus
• Proficient in the use of the following design tools for site engineering:
• Civil 30
• Water CAD
• Various Nomographs
• Gravity Flow - Hydraulic Analysis, Manning's Equation
In return, we offer competitive compensation, along with comprehensive benefits, including medical and dental and vision benefits, life insurance,
a 401(k) with company match and a corporate team environment with opportunity of advancment.
Also includes on-site company fitness gym, discounts on housing and home appliances.
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.edgewoodproperties.com/careers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
External Company Name: Edgewood Properties
Street: 2901 Hamilton Blvd.