LifePoint Health LPN-Expanded Practice Progressive Care Unit (PCU 2) in Somerset, Kentucky
Commitment Incentive: $10,000
Status: Full Time
Who We Are:
Lake Cumberland Regional Hospital (LCRH) is seeking a Registered Nurse to join our team. People are our passion and purpose. Come work where you are appreciated for who you are not just what you can do. Lake Cumberland Regional Hospital is a modern, state-of-the-art 295-bed acute care facility, offering an advanced neurosurgery program with Spine Center accreditation amongst other specialty services.
Where We Are:
The City of Somerset blends southern hospitality with abundant recreational opportunities including a 65,000-acre lake with 1,200 miles of shoreline. Somerset is host to nationally recognized, high quality performing and visual arts, concerts and other special events to the community.
Why Choose Us:
- Health (Medical, Dental, Vision) and 401K Benefits for full-time employees
- Competitive Paid Time Off / Extended Illness Bank package for full-time employees
- Employee Assistance Program – mental, physical, and financial wellness assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance for qualified applicants
- Professional Development and Growth Opportunities
- And much more…
Provides direct and indirect patient care using the nursing process in accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice as supervised and delegated by a registered nurse. The LPN working in the expanded role provides patient care in an ongoing assessment process collaborating with the registered nurse in the determination of nursing care needs based on collection and interpretation of data relevant to the health status of the patient.__
Licensed Practical Nurse Current LPN Licensure to practice in the state of Kentucky OR a Current LPN Licensure with a multistate compact status.
*Eligibility Requirements * LPNs who have the additional skill set and competencies to work in an expanded practice team nursing model must complete annual education timely, maintain applicable certifications/competencies, and have a satisfactory performance appraisal. Absences more than three in a rolling 365-day period will result in the employee becoming ineligible for the LPN Expanded Practice role; at that time, the employee will be moved into a regular LPN position and the base rate of pay adjusted to the employee’s status. The employee may reapply for LPN Expanded Practice role after 6 months.
Required Skills Certifications:
- Current American Heart Association BLS certification or obtain within 90 days after hire date.
- Current American Heart Association ACLS certification or obtain within 6 months after hire date.
- Successfully pass an arrhythmia exam within 90 days after hire date.
- Completion of comprehensive Infusion Therapy course that includes both instructional components, skills competency, and accountability/responsibility as well as legal implications as it relates to performance of infusion therapy procedures in agreement with guidelines established by the Kentucky Board of Nursing.
Language Skills: Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
Lake Cumberland Regional Hospital is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans' status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Organization: *Lake Cumberland Regional Hopsital
Title: LPN-Expanded Practice Progressive Care Unit (PCU 2)
Requisition ID: 7429-12526