Newell Brands Maintenance Manager - DYMO in Sint-Niklaas, Belgium
Position title: Maintenance Manager - DYMO
Location: Sint-Niklaas, Belgium
Reports to: Technical Manager
Contract type: Permanent, Full time
As a Maintenance Manager you will lead Maintenance and Facility teams consisting of eleven people all together. You will have four direct reports and be responsible for maintenance and facility activities within the DYMO consumables manufacturing plant. You will also take ownership on Equipment and Facility improvement projects, which are part of our continuous improvement initiatives at Newell Brands.
• Coach the maintenance and facility team members; provide regular feedbacks; discuss individual development plans and training needs
o Manage continuous improvements and optimizations concerning technical performances of 50 stand-alone machines, facility (one building with 2 production areas, warehouse and offices) and department processes.
o Work closely with subcontractors and other departments at Newell Brands to find the best possible solution (including negotiations of small contracts).
o Be “up-to-date” with the latest technologies (maintenance, facility, safety, environment).
o Safeguard a smooth transfer during and after the handover of projects to the maintenance team.
o Provide input for preparing expenses budget and monitor costs vs. budget on regular basis.
o Oversee and report on maintenance and facility activities both planned and executed using MicroMain, Targit and Ms Excel.
o Manage projects related to facility - equipment and processes, including power distribution, access control and building protection systems.
o Reporting figures on power/water consumption and waste deposit; benchmark power consumption and facility services and equipment.
• Prepare reports, analyse data and make recommendations for improving facility and maintenance teams’ performance.
• Bachelor or Master degree in Engineering, or equal by experience;
• 5-7 years of experience in working on technical (facility) projects;
• Experience in a supervisor role;
• Fluent in Dutch and English (written and spoken);
• Good command of Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Team player who enjoys working collaboratively towards a solution; strong interpersonal skills;
• Hands on attitude with a focus on problem solving;
• Self-starter with good communication skills;
• Good command of a Maintenance Management System.
What we can offer!
Newell Brands has a strong footprint in the EMEA region with several thousand employees spread over many corporate offices and manufacturing facilities. A wide portfolio of our brands is strongly represented across the region including Parker, Waterman, Rotring, PaperMate, Sharpie, DYMO , Yankee Candle, NUK, Coleman, Bubba, Contigo, Mr.Coffee, CrockPot and Marmot.
Join our team in Sint-Niklaas and you will have a chance to:
• Work in a highly automated manufacturing site
• Initiate and be part of our continuous improvement projects.
• Contribute to our Sustainability Strategy
• Give@Newell - charity activities dedicated for local communities
Are you interested?
If so, please click on “Apply Now” on this site and upload your CV in English.
By submitting your CV you acknowledge having read Newell Brands’ Privacy Statement for Job Applicants available at http://privacy.newellbrands.com/jobnl.html If you wish to be considered also for other suitable positions with the company, please explicitly indicate so on your CV/motivation letter._