AdventHealth Surgery Scheduler in Shawnee, Kansas
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
· Received Magnet® recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center in January 2019
· Benefits from Day One
· Paid Days Off from Day One
· Student Loan Repayment Program
· Employee Referral Program
· Career Development
· Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
· Mental Health Resources and Support
· Debt-free Education (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
Shift : Days, 8 am - 4:30 pm
Location: 9100 W 74TH ST, Shawnee Mission, 66204
The community you’ll be caring for:
At AdventHealth Shawnee Mission, formerly Shawnee Mission Medical Center, you're more than just a number on a chart. You're a whole person, who functions best when physically, emotionally, and spiritually fit. Find whole-person care, dedicated teams and staff, and a wide variety of medical services, all at our hospital in Shawnee Mission, Kansas.
The role you’ll contribute:
The Surgery Scheduler is responsible for accurate scheduling of surgical procedures for the operating room. S/he inputs patient’s financial and demographic information for registration. S/he must possess the ability to communicate effectively to establish accurate information. S/he must rely on previous procedure knowledge to determine if the proper equipment and supplies are available. The Surgery Scheduler is responsible for monthly and on demand reports from operating room schedule/log information. The Surgery Scheduler may enter charges the patient incurred while in the operating room. S/he will perform additional duties assigned by management.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Works closely with physician offices to ensure accurate and convenient scheduling of surgical cases.
· Conveys surgeon requests or needs to the appropriate member of the surgical team to ensure appropriate patient care is achieved.
· Works closely with the Coordinator to ensure appropriate resources are available to support the surgical volume as scheduled.
· Coordinates patient arrival times and other pertinent information with ancillary departments, including but not limited to pre-surgery clinic, ACC, PACU and Radiology.
· Provides necessary documentation for scheduled procedures when requested.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed :
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· Minimum of two years’ experience
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 23043250
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.