Air National Guard Units SUPV IT SPECIALIST (NETWORK/CUSTSPT) (Title 32) in Scott AFB, Illinois
THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a SUPV IT SPECIALIST (NETWORK/CUSTSPT) (Title 32), Position Description Number D2174P01 and is part of the IL 126, National Guard.
Learn more about this agency
As a SUPV IT SPECIALIST (NETWORK/CUSTSPT) (Title 32), GS-2210-12, you will perform a full range of supervisory functions providing administrative control and technical direction and oversight for subordinate personnel.
Major Duties - This is NOT an all-inclusive list:
- Plan work to be accomplished by subordinates, set and adjust short-term priorities, and prepare schedules for completion of work.
- Assign work to subordinates based on priorities, consideration of the difficulty, requirements of assignments, and the capability of personnel.
- Interview applicants for positions, recommend appointments, promotions, and/or reassignments to positions.
- Find ways to improve production or increase the quality of the work being performed and directed.
- Provide technical expertise and management oversight in the installation, administration, optimization, and operation of multiple large and enhanced complex networks and communication systems.
- Oversee the installation, configuration, testing, migration, integration, and operation of a network operating system ensuring appropriate allocation of resources.
- Ensure minimal service disruptions to network operating systems and advise customer support specialists, and provide post-implementation support to end-users.
- Provide guidance to subordinates on the development of complex project plan task and timeliness.
- Provide detail information to a variety of customers regarding all technical aspects of equipment, software, and systems.
- Review requirements, assess and validate priorities, and provide solutions to customer problems.
- Initiate and lead transition meetings to facilitate customer acceptance of systems and operational aspects of projects.
- Identify and address critical operational issues and certify operational readiness of networks, equipment, components, software, and systems for organizations located on or serviced by the activity.
- Ensure that all hardware and software components are available for installation of new and upgraded IT and communications systems.
- Analyze performance data and operating parameters to troubleshoot, correct, and forecast problems.
- Ensure availability and use of quality assurance checklists to ensure equipment, systems, and software meet technical design specifications and are configured for optimal operation.
- Lead technical team efforts for contract proposal reviews and independently determine adequacy of vendors and their ability to perform requested service or delivery of requirements.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
- #### Job family (Series)
2210 Information Technology Management
- Analysts, Applications
- Applications Analysts
Conditions of Employment
- NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact a National Guard recruiter prior to applying for this position.
- This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the employing state's National Guard, required prior to the effective date of placement.
- Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform.
- Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment.
- Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
- Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Federal employment suitability as determined by a background investigation.
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
- Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
- Must be certified IAW DOD 8570.01-M, Federal Information Security Management Act of 2002, Clinger Cohen Act of 1996 and current AF directives.
- May be required to conduct travel to and from offsite worksite from the normal work area to perform assigned duties. Travel may involve one or more overnight stays.
Military Grades: Enlisted Only - Minimum rank requirement of MSgt/Maximum rank requirement of CMSgt.
Compatible Military Assignments: 3D100, 3D190, 3D1X2, 3D1X3, 3D1X4
Assignment to a compatible military position is not required for application, but will be required if selected for appointment.
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Must have experience, education or training that has provided applicant with a basic knowledge of data processing functions and general management principles that enabled the applicant to understand the stages required to automate a work process. Experience may have been gained in work such as computer operator or assistant, computer sales representative, program analyst, or other positions that required the use or adaptation of computer programs and systems.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: GS-12 Level- Must have at least 36 months experience, education, or training that approaches techniques and requirements appropriate to an assigned computer applications area or computer specialty area in an organization; experience planning the sequence of actions necessary to accomplish the assignment where this entailed coordination with others outside the organizational unit and development of project controls; experience that required adaptations of guidelines or precedents to meet the needs of the assignment; and experience preparing documentation on cost/benefit studies where is involved summarizing the material and organizing it in a logical fashion.
Supervisory Position Specialized Experience:Experience in managing the function of the work to be performed. Experience which includes leading, directing and assigning work of personnel.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Verbiage displayed on your resume or application must contain your own words. You may refer to position descriptions, i.e. the general and specialized experience located within the vacancy announcement, to assist with describing work experiences; however, resumes or applications received in verbatim will not be considered. In your resume you will need to address the general and specialized experience listed below. Please use as much detail as needed, giving dates (months and years) of the experience, position title and how the experience was gained. This information is needed to determine if you are qualified for the position.
If you are using Education to qualify for this position, for the GS-5 level, a 4-year course of study leading to a bachelor's degree may be substituted for the experience requirements. At the GS-7 level, one full year of graduate level education or superior academic achievement. At the GS-9 level, a masters or equivalent graduate degree or 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree may be substituted. At the GS-11 level, a Ph.D. or equivalent, or 3 years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree.
Undergraduate or Graduate Education: Degree in computer science, engineering, information science, information systems management, mathematics, operations research, statistics, or technology management or degree that provided a minimum of 24 semester hours in one or more of the fields identified above and required the development or adaptation of applications, systems or networks.
You must provide transcripts or other documentation to support your Educational claims. To receive credit for Education, you must provide documentation of proof that you meet the Education requirements for this position.
If you are needing some extra information regarding Federal Resumes, you should consider the additional resources provided on IL HRO Staffing's Page: https://states.gkoportal.ng.mil/states/IL/fedstaff/hro/TechStaffing/Federal%20Resume%20Workshop/Home.aspx
If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency (https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx).
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine if you meet the qualifications listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application package, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this position. If you are found to be among the top qualified candidates, you will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
- Attention to Detail
- Decision Making
- Information Technology Policy and Planning
- Technical Competence
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
- Required Documents
To apply for this position, you must submit a complete Application Package which includes:
Your* resume*that clearly demonstrates experience that meets the requirements of this position. Your resume must contain identifiable information such as your name, address, and phone number. It should also show your work schedule, hours worked per week, dates (including Month and Year, e.g., 02/2017, Feb 2017, etc.) of employment and duties performed.
Other supporting documents (as applicable):
- NGIL Form 73
*NGIL Form 73- Illinois National Guard Technician Program Supplement to Application for Dual Status (DS), to reflect military qualifications. Complete and accurate data is essential to ensure fair evaluation, applicants with no military qualifications must submit form stating "not applicable" and signature on page 2 of the NGIL Form 73.
Documents NOT accepted: photographs, copies of position descriptions, training certificates, performance ratings, awards and letters of appreciation.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the online application/Occupational Questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below. To view the Occupational Questionnaire, click the following link: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10349573
A complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on the closing date of the announcement to receive consideration.
To begin, click Apply to access the online application. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account to apply. If you do not have a USAJOBS account, you will need to create one before beginning the application.
Follow the prompts to select your resume and/or other supporting documentsto be included with your application package. You will have the opportunity to upload additional documents to include in your application before it is submitted. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
After acknowledging you have reviewed your application package, complete the Include Personal Information section as you deem appropriate and click to continue with the application process.
You will be taken to the online application which you must complete in order to apply for the position. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation is included with your application package, and submit the application.
To verify the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account (https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login), all of your applications will appear on the Welcome screen. The Application Status will appear along with the date your application was last updated. For information on what each Application Status means, visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/how-to/application/status/.
Agency contact information
IL 126 126th Guard Way Scott AFB, IL 62225-5503 US
Learn more about this agency
Once your online application is submitted you will receive a confirmation notification by email. Your application will be evaluated by the Human Resources Office to determine your eligibility for the position. After the evaluation is complete, you will receive another notification regarding the status of your application.
- Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/515899300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 11/06/2018 to 11/20/2018
Pay scale & grade: GS 12
Salary: $74,075 to $96,297 per year
Appointment type: Permanent
Work schedule: Full-Time