Cisco Sr Optical Product Engineer in San Jose, California
What You'll Do
As a Senior Optical Product Engineer, you’ll be on Cisco’s multi-functional team that handles Cisco’s optical transceiver product portfolio. Through empowerment, you will interact with Internal Design, Quality & Technology and Test engineering teams to grow and sustain product portfolio throughout their product lifecycle.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with Design and Technology & Quality engineering teams to maintain supply chain commitments and quality metrics, drive DFx for optical packaging design and optical transceiver module assembly, and define and sustain test parameters based on product and design specification
- Drive the characterization of optical transceiver module performance and yield including benchmark correlation to exceed product cost targets
- Perform failure analysis using 8D model to determine impact of manufacturing process, test coverage, product design and supplier quality
- Support customer field issues to maintain customer satisfaction for optical transceiver modules
- Responsible for leading overall cost, quality & delivery product performance metrics throughout the product life cycle
- Leadership in Integrated Product Team (IPT) to continuously improve the cost/margin and quality performance metrics
- Responsible for managing products through their End-of-Life cycle
- Responsible for product change management: Manufacturing Change Notice compliance, execution of supply chain changes, engineering change implementations
- Influence in manufacturing & design to determine strategy and execution of technical solutions in worldwide manufacturing
Who You’ll Work With
Product Operations is the organization that enables and accelerates innovation to build an outstanding customer experience & competitive advantage for Cisco through end-to-end operations leadership and product lifecycle management. In this role, you are a key product operations team member specifically supporting the Transceiver Module Group, a team of innovative leaders with vision pushing the boundaries of the internet daily.
You will be on the product engineering team that partners with multi-functional team of engineers (Design, Technology & Quality, Test, etc.) to design & sustain optical transceiver modules throughout their product lifecycle.
Who You Are
You’re a self-motivated, action and results-oriented technically strong minded individual who inspires creativity and new ways of thinking to deliver innovative solutions. You thrive to earn the trust of partners and team members by making impactful decisions to deliver significant result.
Our Minimum Qualifications for This Role
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, physics or material science or equivalent educational background; MS preferred
- Minimum 7 years' experience with optoelectronic components and modules. Strong working knowledge with various types of lasers and photodiodes
- Experience with Optical Transceiver modules, VCSEL array, RF, and analog/digital circuits
- Experience analyzing yield data and identifying root cause of failures as a result of design, process, materials, or test repeatability
- Experience interacting with offshore manufacturing facilities to help drive ongoing cost/yield improvements
- Experience with complex data analytics using JMP, R, Minitab, etc.
- Ability to read and interpret complex engineering data sheets and specification
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills capable of working in a team and interacting with all levels of organizations organization
- Experience working with statistical analysis & machine learning modeling tools
- Experience incorporating design for manufacturability during product and supplier component level development
Who We Are
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re "old" (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can’t put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.