NBC Universal Producer - NBC Bay Area- Weekend in San Jose, California
Job Number 61262BR
Job Title Producer - NBC Bay Area- Weekend
Business Segment NBCUniversal Local
Sub-Business NBCUOTS - KNTV
Posting Category Editorial
About Us NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
Country United States
City San Jose
• A degree in Broadcasting, Journalism or related field
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience producing in a broadcast or cable news environment
Please Note: This is not an entry level position. Experience writing for and producing a newscast in a mid-major market is required. Applicants who have not produced a television newscast in a mid to major market will not be considered.
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in San Jose, CA
• Must have a flexible schedule with ability to work any shift in a 24/7 environment, willingness to travel and work long hours and on weekends with short notice.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must have a valid Driver’s License
• Strong news writing skills and the ability to edit, produce and gather content under heavy deadline pressure, without compromising accuracy or credibility
• A pioneering spirit with the creative desire to produce and present stories in new and different ways
• Must be active on social media and understand how to leverage those platforms for the broadcast
• Passion to research and develop stories on tight timelines
• Invested and engaged in the local community while understanding how to represent the local viewer
• Must be a team player and work well with Reporters, Assignment Editors, Writers and other Producers
• Knowledge and understanding of various media platforms, including broadcast, web and mobile
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.