Illinois Tool Works, Inc. Design Engineer in Richton Park, Illinois
22501 Bohlmann Pkwy, Richton Park, IL 60471, USA
FLSA Status: Exempt
Founded in 1912, Illinois Tool Works Inc. (NYSE: ITW) is a diversified, Fortune 200 manufacturing company that delivers specialized expertise, innovative- thinking and value-added products to meet critical customer needs in a variety of industries. Ranked among Fortune’s Magazine’s most admired companies, the company focuses on solid growth, improving profitability and strong returns across its worldwide platforms and divisions. These divisions serve customers and markets around the globe with a significant presence in developed as well as emerging markets. ITW’s revenues totaled $14.5 billion in 2014.
The Body and Fuel Division drives profitability by leveraging its innovative solutions and application engineering. In addition to ITW’s industry leading research and development capabilities, ITW Body and Fuel enhances our customers’ competitive advantage. Body and Fuel is a business group within ITW’s Automotive segment with manufacturing locations in North America. Our Body and Fuel products are made up of housings and doors, innovative Capless solutions and charge ports for major OEMs around the world.
Design, develop, and modify automotive parts per customer specifications and internal requirements using 3D CAD systems.
Design automotive parts and systems to meet new vehicle specifications and internal requirements for manufacturability.
· Create and maintain well documented designs.
· Create and analyze engineering analysis tools such as Mold Flow and FEA.
· Understands test procedures and performance requirements.
· Analyze and interpret technical data.
· Responsible for data transfers between customers and suppliers.
· Manage all aspects of design projects, as assigned
· Assists with suggested changes to facilitate manufacture of assembly.
· Operate in a cross-functional team environment, both domestic and international.
· Responsible for providing project updates at scheduled team meetings.
· Must follow TS16949 procedures as they apply to design.
· Completes assigned tasks as assigned.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering required
· Some Design Engineering experience required
· 3D CAD design skills and experience required.
· Order preference of knowledge/experience: CATIA, UG/NX and/or Solidworks, Solid modeling and/or Surface modeling, FEA
· Knowledge of plastics, injection molding, and tooling is preferred
· Knowledge of automotive industry and associated procedures and requirements is preferred
· Good communication skills both verbal and written
· Proficient computer skills (MS Office)
· Ability to work independently and in a team environment
· Ability to organize projects and create and meet timelines
· Understanding of engineering fundamentals
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Alternative or combined skills in understanding, counseling, and/or influencing people are important in achieving job objectives, causing action, understanding others, or changing behavior; and, skills of persuasiveness or assertiveness, as well as sensitivity to the point of view of others. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
ITW offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including competitively priced medical and dental coverage the first of the month following hire, free life insurance, paid vacation and holidays, and immediate 401k matching. Additional retirement savings contribution (above and beyond 401k) is awarded at no cost after one year.
ITW Body & Fuel is an equal opportunity, equal employment, affirmative action employer. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone is welcome to contribute their unique talents and ideas. We encourage applications from females, males, disabled/protected or other veterans, persons with disabilities, all races and ethnicities, sexual orientations and gender identities. Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable persons with disabilities to apply and to perform the essential job functions.
ITW is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.