PPD Associate Systems Specialist (Remote Enabled) in Richmond, Virginia
Performs basic in-system configurations and assists with reviews to system qualifications. Supports customer success on supported applications. Contributes to deliverables that are accurate, qualified, registered and comply with required formats and within established timelines.
• Interacts with senior team members to outline the required documentation and approach for task completion (in-system configurations, system template
development, reports, etc.)
• Interacts with internal staff to define needed revisions and processes system updates appropriately.
• Reviews team documentation for quality, accuracy and adherence to business requirements to ensure compliance with organization and client policies and procedures.
• With direction, provides assistance and resource information to departmental staff.
• Participates in low complexity project teams as needed, contributing to future enhancements, change request reviews, effective communication and accuracy in testing.
• Supports the creation of test scripts. Assists with creating and updating data within the testing environment to ensure accurate test software functionality.
• Participates as a departmental resource for process improvements.
*Education and Experience:*
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 0 to 2 years).
/In some cases an equivalency, consisting of a combination of appropriate education, training and/or directly related experience, will be considered sufficient for an individual to meet the requirements of the role./
*Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:*
• General knowledge of laboratory processes
• Basic problem-solving skills
• Attention to detail with good editorial/proofreading skills
• Proficient with Microsoft Office software and ability to learn new systems and technologies
• Fundamental written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
• Ability to multi-task
• Good customer service skills
*Working Conditions and Environment:*
• Work is performed in a laboratory and/or a clinical environment with exposure to electrical office equipment.
• Minimal exposure to biological fluids with potential exposure to infectious organisms.
• Rare exposure to skin and lung irritants, radiation, toxic materials and hazardous waste.
• Personal protective equipment such as protective eyewear, garments and gloves may be required at times.
• Exposure to fluctuating and/or extreme temperatures on rare occasions.
• Ability to work in a sitting and/or stationary position for 6-8 hours per day.
• Repetitive movement of both hands with the ability to make fast, simple, repeated movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists.
• Occasional mobility needed.
• Light to moderate lifting and carrying (or otherwise moves) objects, including luggage and laptop computer, with a maximum lift of 15-20 lbs.
• Ability to access and use a variety of computer software developed both in-house and off-the-shelf.
• Ability to communicate information and ideas effectively; with the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
• Frequently interacts with others to obtain or relate information to diverse groups.
• Works independently with guidance or reliance on oral or written instructions and follows set work schedules to meet goals. Requires multiple periods of intense concentration.
• Performs a wide range of variable tasks as dictated by variable demands and conditions with little predictability as to the occurrence. Ability to perform under stress. Ability to multi-task.
• Regular and consistent attendance.
Organization: *US BU
Title: Associate Systems Specialist (Remote Enabled)
Location: VA-Richmond-Richmond VA Dabney Rd
Requisition ID: 221712
PPD is an affirmative action employer that values diversity as a strength fosters and environment of mutual respect. PPD provides equal employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, pregnancy, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or other status within any other protected group