Methodist Health System Recovery Room Clinical Team Lead in Richardson, Texas
Hours of Work :
Days Of Week :
3 days a week, varies
Work Shift :
12X3 Day (United States of America)
Job Description :
The Clinical Team Leader performs direct patient care as the charge nurse and maintains a safe and therapeutic environment.
Your Job Requirements:
• Graduate from an accredited school of nursing: BSN required
• Completion of charge nurse training and competencies (if external hire, must complete within 90 days of hire).
• Current RN license in the State of Texas or compact license
• Clinical Course Certifications (Basic Life Support, Advanced Cardio Life Support, Pediatric Advanced Life Support, NRP, etc.) consistent with RN requirements for specific clinical area.
• Advanced Specialty Certification or agreement to obtain within 2 years (CCRN, CEN, RNC, etc.)
Your Job Responsibilities:
• Provides front line leadership and decision-making for departmental staff, ensuring the quality and integrity of care delivered.
• Develops plan for unit staffing based on patient acuity/care needs and oversees day to day operations on the designated shift.
• Monitors workflow and adjusts staffing accordingly to support fiscal goals of the unit.
• Coordinates and facilitates efficient patient flow for the unit. Ensures timely and efficient pull of patients being admitted to the unit as well as timeliness of discharging patients from the unit.
• Assists the manager in achieving and sustaining department and organizational objectives including but not limited to patient experience, length of stay, and unit/patient specific quality measures.
• Participates in department specific initiatives and process improvement projects.
• Participates in peer interviews and provide feedback for employee evaluations as requested by manager.
• Assists with occurrence investigations.
• Other duties as assigned.
Methodist Richardson Medical Center is a 284-bed, full-service hospital that serves Richardson, Garland, Plano, and the surrounding areas in Dallas and Collin counties. Magnet® designated for nursing excellence, it was the first healthcare facility to earn the Texas Award for Performance Excellence, patterned after the renowned Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award. We also provide care at Methodist Richardson Medical Center – Campus for Continuing Care, which offers a behavioral health and addiction recovery unit, inpatient rehabilitation and long-term acute care, a full-service emergency department, and more. Methodist Richardson strives to have a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve — one that is welcoming of the skills and talents of all groups. Our reputation as an award-winning employer shows in the honors we’ve earned:
First in the nation to earn The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval® for Pancreatic/Hepatic/Biliary Cancer Certification
ANCC Pathway to Excellence® Program
Advanced Primary Stroke Center certified by The Joint Commission and the American Stroke Association
American Heart Association Mission: Lifeline® STEMI Receiving Center Gold Plus, 2019
Certified Quality Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by the American College of Radiology
Robotic da Vinci® Surgical System for minimally invasive procedures
Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.
Our Care Commitments
Take Care of Patients
Take Care of Each Other
Take Care of Ourselves
Take Care of Methodist
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Methodist Health System (MHS) to select, develop, and promote employees based on individual ability and job performance. It has been, and will continue to be, the policy of MHS to provide equal employment opportunity to all people in all aspects of employer-employee relations without discrimination because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, disability, marital status, genetic information or ancestry. This policy affects decisions including, but not limited to, an employee’s compensation, benefits, terms and conditions of employment, opportunities for promotion, training, development, transfer all other privileges of employment. MHS is committed to maintain a working environment free of intimidation, workplace discrimination and harassment. Retaliation or attempted retaliatory behavior that occurs as a result of an employee’s exercise of their rights under this policy or any other statutorily protected right is strictly prohibited and will be grounds for disciplinary action.