Methodist Health System PATIENT CARE TECHNICIAN - 6 SURGICAL IMC FT DAY SHIFT in Richardson, Texas
Hours of Work :
Days Of Week :
Work Shift :
Job Description :
In this highly technical, fast-paced, and challenging position, you'll collaborate with multidisciplinary team members to provide the very best care for our patients. The Patient Care Technician professional assists with patient care to provide support services to the patient, nursing unit, and professional staff.
Your Job Requirements:
• Graduate from a certified nursing assistant program or certified medical assistant program
• Or 1 year experience as a nursing assistant in a comparable healthcare facility
• Or nursing student who documents completion of the first semester of the nursing program
• Or documented military experience as a medic/corpsman
• Or foreign nursing graduate not currently licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the U.S.
• American Heart Association Healthcare Provider Basic Life Support card required
• High school diploma, GED or equivalent work experience.
Your Job Responsibilities:
• Communicate clearly and openly
• Build relationships to promote a collaborative environment
• Be accountable for your performance
• Always look for ways to improve the patient experience
• Take initiative for your professional growth
• Be engaged and eager to build a winning team
Methodist Richardson Medical Center is a 284-bed, full-service hospital that serves Richardson, Garland, Plano, and the surrounding areas in Dallas and Collin counties. Magnet® designated for nursing excellence, it was the first healthcare facility to earn the Texas Award for Performance Excellence, patterned after the renowned Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award. We also provide care at Methodist Richardson Medical Center – Campus for Continuing Care, which offers a behavioral health and addiction recovery unit, inpatient rehabilitation and long-term acute care, a full-service emergency department, and more. Methodist Richardson strives to have a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve — one that is welcoming of the skills and talents of all groups. Our reputation as an award-winning employer shows in the honors we’ve earned:
First in the nation to earn The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval® for Pancreatic/Hepatic/Biliary Cancer Certification
ANCC Pathway to Excellence® Program
Advanced Primary Stroke Center certified by The Joint Commission and the American Stroke Association
American Heart Association Mission: Lifeline® STEMI Receiving Center Gold Plus, 2019
Certified Quality Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by the American College of Radiology
Robotic da Vinci® Surgical System for minimally invasive procedures
Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.
Our Care Commitments
Take Care of Patients
Take Care of Each Other
Take Care of Ourselves
Take Care of Methodist
Equal Opportunity Employer It is the policy of Methodist Health System (MHS) to select, develop, and promote employees based on individual ability and job performance. It has been, and will continue to be, the policy of MHS to provide equal employment opportunity to all people in all aspects of employer-employee relations without discrimination because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, disability, marital status, genetic information or ancestry. This policy affects decisions including, but not limited to, an employee’s compensation, benefits, terms and conditions of employment, opportunities for promotion, training, development, transfer all other privileges of employment. MHS is committed to maintain a working environment free of intimidation, workplace discrimination and harassment. Retaliation or attempted retaliatory behavior that occurs as a result of an employee’s exercise of their rights under this policy or any other statutorily protected right is strictly prohibited and will be grounds for disciplinary action.