Renown Health System Administrator_ID & Access Mgmt in Reno, Nevada
System Administrator_ID & Access Mgmt
Requisition id: 160182
Department: 100644 IT Desktop and Customer Support
Facility: Renown Health
Schedule: Full Time
Category: Information Technology
Location: Reno , NV
Under the general direction of area IT Leadership, this position provides the design, configuration, installation, maintenance, backup, automation and support for identity and access management tools and processes. This position will interface with customers, project management, and vendors to ensure appropriate and secure access is provided in a timely manner.
Nature and Scope
This position is responsible for a complex identity and access management environment that changes rapidly to meet the changing requirements of a growing enterpris. This position is challenged with providing a reliable, flexible, timely, and secure solution for granting access necessary to the enterprise and it’s resources.
This position is responsible for:
• Administering the Identity and Access Management (IAM) tools utilized.
• Reviewing requests for access to Renown systems and ensuring required documentation is in place for new and existing members of Renown, including third party vendors before they are granted access to Renown computer systems.
• Creating, updating, reviewing department and organizational wide IAM related policies and procedures to adhere to industry best practices, laws and organizational requirements.
• Reporting on Key Metrics related to the success and fulfillment of IAM goals.
• Responding to IAM related audit action items that includes providing supporting documentation to auditors, evaluating audit results for relevance/accuracy, and working with teams to remediate audit findings.
• Reviewing and validating user access to various systems to identify unauthorized access and ensure the principle of least access privileges is followed.
• Working alongside team members to identify opportunities for cross-functional development in an effort to improve employee onboarding and functionality.
• Audit user activity to enforce compliance with regulatory and policy requirements to mitigate risk and protect Renown Health’s information assets.
This position does not provide patient care.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Minimum Qualifications Requirements – Required and/or Preferred
Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing and speaking English. Requires Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent in Computer Science. Requires knowledge of Microsoft’s active directory, access management, and database development. Experience may be substituted for education on a year for year basis.
Requires 3-5+ years’ experience working in a system administration, technical support or software development role. Requires at least one year of experience in user active directory administration or related experience. Experience with IdentityNow or cloud based identity and access management is a plus. Information technology, information security, system administrator, or application administrator is a plus.
All certifications are preferred but not required:
• Microsoft Certified: Identity and Access Administrator Associate
• Microsoft Certified: identity and Access Administrator
• Microsoft: Fundamentals of Active Directory
Computer / Typing:
Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Word and have the ability to use the computer to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc.