ABBTECH Professional Resources, Inc. Delivery Automation Engineer in REMOTE / TELEWORK, Virginia
Delivery Automation Engineer
Clearance: Public Trust
The Delivery Automation Engineer will work with the FDA to set the standards for virtual technologies and create policies/procedures for the operational team to follow. The engineer will be the primary customer interface to drive the adoption of automation and the evolution of the AWS CI/CD and automation support services. The engineer will develop a cloud and on-prem automation roadmap for Peraton, to identify, define, and oversee the creation of automation to achieve the FDA’s goals. The engineer will collaborate with other Peraton SMEs and organizations to bring automation best practices into the account.
The Delivery Automation Engineer will be responsible to perform the necessary facilitation, planning, analysis, and design tasks related to the development of an overall automation strategy.
The Delivery Automation Engineer will work closely with key service providers as well as IT service personnel to plan, design and implement automation technologies that align with best practices and viable technology roadmaps.
The Delivery Automation Engineer should have a broad background in Cloud technologies, with an emphasis on hybrid cloud (both Public/Private cloud), knowledge of AWS Cloud tools and methods and extensive knowledge of AWS Cloud services automation and Infrastructure as Code (IaC).
While primarily an individual contributor role, will direct and oversee other IT technology professionals.
• The primary responsibilities of the Delivery Automation Engineer are to develop and maintain automation scripts and templates, reduce operational risk, change and incident management of automation tools and processes, and improve overall customer experience with automation tools.
• Support the development and migration of automation services from AWS Cloud Formation to Cloud-agnostic automation tools (e.g., Terraform).
• Support a “cloud broker” solution to automate on-prem tasks in a similar manner to the public cloud.
• Identify, evaluate, and recommend products and technologies that the enterprise will use to implement its application or cloud infrastructure automation strategy.
• Support the development of technology roadmaps that influence the orderly evolution of the enterprise application and infrastructure automation portfolio from current to future state (e.g., rectify gaps, and pain points), as defined by the business model and strategic objective directives.
• Consult on solution and automation of the environment (e.g., infrastructure, networks, security frameworks, application platform upgrades) and modification activities (e.g., projects, break-fix, patches), particularly for new and/or shared infrastructure and cross application service owner solutions.
• Facilitate the technical evaluation and selection recommendations of hardware and software technology to meet automation requirements.
• Consult on application or automation infrastructure development and support projects to fit systems or infrastructure to the architecture and identify when it is necessary to modify the solution and/or technical architecture to accommodate project needs and/or address critical IT environment deficiencies.
• Oversee and contribute to the documentation of solution and/or automation architecture design and analysis work, including project postmortem documentation, lessons learned and metric collection.
• BS or BA degree in business, information systems, computer science, system analysis with an emphasis in information technology.
• 3-5 years of on-prem/cloud automation experience (e.g., infrastructure/technical, solution/application, information/data, security/provisioning, or enterprise/business process automation).
• 3-5 years of hands-on experience configuring, automating, and operating AWS/Azure Cloud services including EC2, EBS, AutoScaling, ELB, VPC, S3, SQS, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, RDS and IAM.
• 3-5 years of hands-on with developing and/or maintaining Cloud provisioning templates with Infrastructure as Code (IaC) technologies (e.g., Terraform, Cloud Formation)
• Knowledge of Cloud Governance principles and best practices.
• Strong technical knowledge of cloud automation technologies and tools for both Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure including Cloud Formation and Terraform cloud template development and maintenance.
• Experience with IaC, including provisioning template development and maintenance.
• Experience with DevOps principles and Container platforms such as Docker and Kubernetes.
• Very strong scripting experience/background (using PowerShell, and BASH.)
• Very strong knowledge of requirements gathering and design processes for cloud automation.
• Exposure to multiple, diverse technical configuration, technologies, and processing environments around the host of automation components of an enterprise Automation architecture.
• Excellent analytical and technical skills as well as working acumen in one or more software automation development and/or support methodologies.
• Strong planning, organization, and communication skills.
• Ability to translate business needs and apply multiple solution and automation technologies to business problems.
• Knowledge of business process re-engineering principles and processes.
• Experience provisioning, operating, and maintaining systems running on Cloud.
• Able to provide automation operations and CI/CD pipeline deployment guidance and best practices throughout the lifecycle of a project.
• Experience with application / data migration to AWS/Azure Cloud.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Strong Interpersonal and written communication skills, able to build rapport and communicate effectively at all levels and across disciplines.
• Ability to work as a self-directed resource in a collaborative environment.
• Detail-oriented, strong work ethic and high standard of excellence.
• Must be able to work on multiple projects concurrently and consistently meet project deadlines.
• Must be a US Citizen or a US Permanent Resident.
• AWS Container Platform as a Service (PaaS) experience including AWS Kubernetes and AWS Red Hat OpenShift (ARO).
• AWS Solutions Architect Associate-Level Certification or higher.
• IT Service Management Tools: HP Service Manager, Service Now, BMC Remedy, BMC Patrol, CA Unicenter, CIAC, vCloud Director; CloudWatch.
• Experience in one or more Hypervisor Technology: VMware ESXi, OpenStack KVM, Oracle VM, Citrix XenServer.
• Azure Cloud automation experience.
ABBTECH is an EOE/Minorities/Women/Disabled Individuals/Veterans