AMETEK, Inc. Director Operations CTS in Reinach, Switzerland
Director Operations CTS
Position Type:Full-Time Regular
Experience Required:More than 10 years
Hours of Work:
Location:CH - Reinach
Division:AHV - Power Systems & Instruments
Education Required:Masters Degree
Relocation Provided:Some Relocation May Be Available
Email a FriendSaveSaveApply Now
AMETEK Compliance Test Solutions (CTS) is a leading provider of test and measurement instrumentation solutions for electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) testing, with manufacturing sites in Switzerland, Germany and the United Kingdom and a worldwide sales and service network. The product portfolio comprises testing systems for conducted and radiated disturbances as well as amplifiers in the RF and microwave range. AMETEK CTS is uniquely positioned to serve the EMC community. Under AMETEK CTS, the renowned EMC and RF product brands - EM TEST, TESEQ, MILMEGA and IFI - are united into a single global business offering innovative customer solutions and services to almost all industries.
The Director of Operations is responsible to lead all Operations through the next business cycle, which is expected to be a period of significant rebuilding, consolidation and organic growth. Broadly speaking, near term deliverables include:
• Lead and manage all operations for CTS including supply chain warehouse, manufacturing, test and calibration
• Successfully deliver each Plant’s performance targets consistent with the corporate culture which emphasizes accountability and results;
• Successfully manage a proactive growth agenda with a focus on new markets and new product development;
• Ensure that the right people are in place to allow the business to perform to its full potential; including objective evaluation and development of team members, and enhancing the team;
• Accountable directly and through others, to create and implement business operations practices, procedures, metrics, systems and structures to align with the location business plan and to meet customer requirements. Identify and implement operating changes to improve productivity and reduce cost.
• Directly and through others, accountable for the effective and efficient allocation and use of all location resources, capital and inventory. Works with Department Managers to establish ongoing capacity analysis for the various operating departments and to match resources to this capacity.
• Accountable to establish plans to guide and drive future operations activities to include but not be limited to safety, customer needs, business profitability, resource allocation and inventory control; Where applicable, work with internal and external experts to establish optimum workflow, systems, facilities, equipment and resource requirements;
• Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual manufacturing Forecasts, Activity Reports, Budgets, Project Management documents, etc.
AMETEK seeks a proven, highly-motivated operations leader, with the future potential to assume greater responsibility. Specific experiences required or desired include:
• An undergraduate degree in engineering (highly desired) and an MBA or Masters degree in engineering (highly desired);
• At least 15 years of total business experience, including a minimum of three successful years in the same/similar role;
• Expertise in plant management and multi-site operations;
• Experience in working for a globally managed company in matrix organizations.
• Expertise in Lean Manufacturing /Operational Excellence is a must (Preferably Lean Six Sigma Black belt)
• Business and financial acumen, including a solid understanding of budgeting and forecasting are essential; Sound analytic skills and decision-making capabilities;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; able to communicate as effectively on the shop floor as in the executive suite. Should be bilingual: German and English.
• Sound MS Office and ERP knowledge (Navision as an advantage)
Have we awakened your interest?
We look forward to receiving your online application. For further information, check our career page: https://www.ametek-cts.com/careers
We do not accept applications from recruitment agencies for this position.