Bristol Myers Squibb Associate Director, Operations Portfolio Lead, Hematology & Cell Therapy in Princeton, New Jersey
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Position Summary / Objective
Drives operational strategy and planning for assigned portfolio of work across BMS and/or non-BMS programs.
Provides oversight of all clinical studies within assigned portfolio, via effective matrix management.
Represents the GDO Strategy organization as a participating member of the Development and/or Medical Teams.
Participates and provides input to the vendor selection and review process.
Participates in the program/portfolio reviews with CRO partners, as applicable.
Strategically assesses study/program metrics and ensures implementation of appropriate measures to support project or program targets/deliverables.
Responsibilities involve a combination of execution and oversight, dependent on the sourcing model, to ensure deliverables and may include, but are not limited to, the following:
Study Planning and Conduct
• Drives business strategy from an operational perspective.
• Accountable for study execution, within established timelines, budget and quality parameters.
• Acts as primary escalation point for all operational issues.
• Participates in necessary governing forums.
• Identifies improvement opportunities and brings forward best practices to support study execution within the portfolio, and across the broader organization.
• Proactively partners with cross functional counterparts and external vendors to address issues/concerns.
• Accountable for financial stewardship of programs, while working in close partnership with Finance.
Operational Leadership / Decision Making
• Drives and/or develops project standards and ensures consistency and efficiency across the studies within the program.
• Consistently makes operational decisions in a timely manner.
• Uses expert judgment to make sound decisions based on a balanced evaluation of available information within a complex environment of competing project priorities.
• Acts decisively to address study team challenges.
• Proactively identifies and manages risks and issue escalation across the assigned portfolio.
• Flags potential process improvement opportunities and support execution.
• Builds effective partnerships across functional area leadership.
• Drives issues to resolution and communicates to ensure that issues have been worked through to completion.
• Applies change management principles to support communication and implementation of integrated change.
• Frequently communicates program status to different levels of stakeholders, including Sr. Leadership.
• BA/BS or equivalent degree in relevant discipline
• Minimum 8 years of global experience in clinical drug development or other related experience.
• Broad clinical operational experience (registration and/or post-approval is a plus).
Key Competency Requirements
• Strong knowledge of GCP/ICH, drug development process, and other relevant guidelines for clinical research activities.
• Experience leading global clinical research activities.
• Therapeutic Area knowledge.
• Proficient project management skills.
• Strong presentation skills.
• Financial acumen.
• Effective oral and written communication skills to influence, inform and guide a global operational team.
• Consistently demonstrates positive attitude about the team’s ability to deal with challenges.
• Strategic Thinking: Formulates objectives and priorities and implements plans consistent with the long-term interest of the organization in a global environment, capitalizes on opportunities and manages risks.
• Enterprise Mindset: The ability to make decisions, set priorities and share resources based on what will benefit the whole organization. Capable of building and maintaining networks within and outside of the organization to both strengthen the understanding of the big picture and leverage diverse perspectives, experiences and expertise to maximize performance.
• Change Agility: Capable of constantly thinking ahead and scanning the environment for opportunities. The ability to navigate ambiguity for themselves by demonstrating smart risk taking and personal resilience. Lead others through change by continuously creating the context and engaging individuals.
• Authentic Leadership: Capable of building legitimacy through cultivating honest relationships. Ability to generate trust by demonstrating the highest level of consistency between their words and their actions and maintaining integrity, especially under pressure. They are role models and promote an environment of openness.
Domestic and International travel may be required.
Describe Exposure to Any Hazards/Disagreeable Conditions in the Work Environment
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com . Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.
Company: Bristol Myers Squibb
Req Number: R1544002
Updated: 2021-10-18 01:00:20.419 UTC
Location: Princeton,New Jersey
Bristol Myers Squibb is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, gender expression, genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristic protected by law.